Chapter Thirty-Five: How Are We Going to Get Down?

Mulai dari awal

He sighed. "When I told you that you'll know someone slipped something in your drink if it tastes funny, I meant if they put drugs or some alcohol that have a taste. I never told you that some alcohol don't have a taste or smell like grain alcohol or vodka. How many cups of this have you drank?"

I shrugged pathetically. "I don't know a couple-"

He sighed. "If it's only a couple-"

"-dozen," I finished.

"Are you serious?" He exclaimed.

"I don't know. I don't really remember, it's all blurry. Maybe not a dozen, maybe less than that."

"Okay, hopefully you're exaggerating. Drunk people tend to do that."

"Good thing I'm not drunk." I pointed out.

Parker shook his head, but was smiling. "C'mon, I should take you home." He said as he took my hand. "I should have never brought you to this party. What was I thinking?"

"No!" I exclaimed, taking my hand back.

He looked at me. "Why not? I need to take you home."

"Not unless you want to give me a eulogy for my funeral."

Parker paused, thinking this over. "But you're going have to go home sooner or later."

"Can't I wait for a couple hours until I sober up or something?"

"It'll take more than just a couple of hours to sober up, especially with the number of drinks you drank. If that was possible, I would be drunk all the time." He paused and shook his head. "Okay, ignore that."

"Then let's just wait until my parents are really asleep." I suggested excitedly. "They usually sleep around 11, I'll wait until then."

He took out his phone from his pocket to check the time. "We came to this party at eight, it's almost midnight now."

"We'll have a couple hours to spare just to make sure they're really asleep." I told him.

Parker hesitated. He looked at me and met my Bambi eyes and gave in. "Fine, but then straight home, got it?"

"Gotten!" I said with a salute.

Parker laughed then he held his hand out to me. "Naomi, give me your phone."

"Okay," I told him, taking out my phone from my pocket and handing it to him. "How come you want it?" I asked him as I peered over his shoulder, trying to see what he was doing.

"I'm going to put in my number," he told me as he did so. "I don't want to lose you again and not be able to call- Why are you smiling?"

I shrugged innocently. "I don't know. I'm just thinking how I got up your number without even trying."

Parker paused for a moment and laughed along with me. He then winked at me and said, "That's smooth, sweetheart."

I giggled and got my phone back. I pressed something and suddenly Parker's phone in his back pocket began to ring.

"Hey, it works!" I exclaimed, and then I put the phone up to my ear. "Hello? Parker's butt? It's me, Naomi."

Parker rolled his eyes and grabbed my hand. "C'mon, let's get you out of here."

"Okey dokey," I said, before telling Parker's butt goodbye before hanging up- you can't just hang up, that's very rude -then I put my phone back in my pocket.

I noticed that Parker was still holding my fruit punch. So I suddenly grabbed the plastic cup out of his hand. But before I could take one last sip he snatched it away from me and set it on the floor.