Chapter Thirty-Five: How Are We Going to Get Down?

Start from the beginning

Parker frowned at this. "Naomi, are you okay?"

"Yup," I said, popping the P. "I'm okey dokey, artichokey."

He chuckled at this, but frowned again. Parker then began to back away from me a couple of feet.

"Naomi, walk towards me in a straight line."

"Okey dokey," I said.

I began to walk towards him, trying to keep a straight line. But I kept on stumbling and trailing off the imaginary straight line. After going in a winding line instead of a straight one, I stumbled towards him, and he caught me with ease. Parker helped me stand up again.

"Naomi, close your eyes and touch your nose."

"Okey dokey," I said again.

I closed my eyes and touched my nose, well, tried to. I kept on missing my nose. I touched my forehead, my cheek, my lip, my eye, but not my nose. When I was about to try again, Parker grabbed my hand, making me open my eyes again. He looked into my eyes, studying them.

"Naomi, are you drunk?" He asked hesitantly, as if he can't believe he's asking me this in the first place.

I snorted. "Drunk? I'm not drunk. Why do people keep on asking me that?"

"People have been asking you this?" Parker demanded. "Naomi, if you're not drunk, then what do you call this?"

"Not drunk."

He looked at the ground and grumbled under his breath, "Don't ever try to argue with a drunk person."

When Parker looked down in defeat, he noticed my cup of fruit punch I asked him to hold for me. He must have set it down on the ground. He picked up my drink. But before he could hand it to me, he looked inside of the plastic cup.

"Naomi, what is this?"

"Fruit punch," I replied.

"Fruit punch?" He repeated, studying the drink. "Where did you get this? Did someone give this to you?"

I shook my head. "No, of course not. Remember rule number two? Don't take any drinks from anyone, they could have slipped something in it."

He sighed in relief. "So you got it from a can and poured it into this cup, right?"

I shook my head again. "No, I got it from some punch bowl next to the beer pong guys."

"What?" He exclaimed, backing away in surprise.

"Yeah, there was a huge bowl of fruit punch. If you want some, we can go downstairs and-"

"Naomi, have you thought that the fruit punch has been spiked?"

I blinked. "Spiked? Like someone putting alcohol in fruit punch? Yeah, I did, but then I figured it can't be."

"Why?"

"You told me that I'll know if someone slipped something when the drink tastes funny." I told him. "That doesn't taste funny, it tastes like fruit punch."

Parker looked into a cup. He smelled it first before taking a sip of it.

"Hey, you just kissed me indirectly."

He looked at me. "What?"

"When you drank the fruit punch, that was an indirect kiss."

I would have blushed like him if I wasn't too busy finding that funny. He shook the thought away and took another sip of my drink.

"Yeah, you're right, it tastes like fruit punch." He thought for a moment before cursing under his breath. "I'm such an idiot."

"What? Did I miss something?"