"maybe you made a ton of noise with your asthmatic breathing." malia said.

"but how would they have known that it was us?" rachel asked.

"scott and rachel, you guys out there? scott! rachel!" sheriff said looking out into the woods.

"why would the sheriff even think that we would be out here?" scott asked.

"because like most deaths in this town, it was related to the supernatural." lydia said.

"we weren't supernatural. i mean, this was the night that we were bitten. i wasn't a werewolf and rachel wasn't a vampire. and me and rachel weren't out here alone." scott said.

"scott, what's that?" rachel asked when she saw glowing eyes.

all the sudden, a wolf came out of nowhere and it bit rachel's wrist and she screamed in pain. scott tried to hit it with a rock but it just jumped on top of scott and bit him before it ran off into the night.

"i know that there was someone else out here with us." rachel said.

"i know this sounds crazy. but i think i had another best friend. and i think he was out here with me and rachel that night." scott said.

"it doesn't sound crazy. i know that someone chained me up and i think they wanted me to stay human." malia said.

"i came to school this morning and i was sure i was supposed to meet someone. but i couldn't remember who it was supposed to be." lydia said.

"yeah, i keep having these memories of someone and i've been looking for this person all day. whoever it is, i think i loved him." rachel said.

"what if we're all missing the same person?" scott said.

scott took out a photo and everyone shinned their flashlights on it. it was the photo sydney took of them.

"and i think he was in this picture." scott said.

"he was sitting right there." lydia said pointing to the empty space on the bench in the middle of rachel and scott.

-

"now she just magically writes down all the answers?" malia said.

"it's not quite that simple." deaton said.

"of course not." rachel said letting out a sigh.

"it never is." lydia said.

"in automatic writing, that hand moved outside of amy conscious awareness. now hopefully the silence, the darkness, and the light will allow you to find a more comfortable, relaxed, trance like state. lydia, i want you to stare into the light. and let go of all thought." deaton said.

lydia picked up a pen and focused on the silence to help her.

"i have to warn you. we may not be able to access these memories." deaton said.

"why not?" scott asked him.

"the legend has always been that the wile hunt takes people. but if what you're telling me is right, the truth is much worse. they erase people from reality." deaton said and they saw lydia was writing on the page.