"right, so.." lydia trailed off.

"who was?" malia asked.

"you couldn't have done it alone." lydia said.

rachels phone vibrating and she saw a text message from scott.

"it's scott." she told malia and lydia.

they all drove out to the woods where scott was and they walked over to him.

"hey, i went to bed at home and i woke up out in the woods. about a mile out. but, i think there's a reason why this has happened. i've been out here before. it was the beginning of sophomore year the night before tryouts for first line. i remember cause it was all that i could think about." scott said.

"i was trying to get a good nights sleep before practice tomorrow." scott said walking over to his two friends.

"right, cause sitting on the bench is such a grueling effort."

"no, because i'm playing this year. in fact, i'm making first line." scott said.

"hey, that's the spirit. everyone should have a dream, even a pathetically unrealistic one."

"well, i have confidence in you, scotty." rachel told him as she patted him on the shoulder.

"why, thank you rach." scott replied.

"yeah, i remember i was there, too." rachel said as they walked through the woods.

"what were you guys doing?" malia asked.

"we were looking for a dead body." scott said.

"that's morbid." lydia replied.

"but how did we know about the body?" rachel asked.

"i don't remember." scott replied.

"i wish i could help you, but i didn't know you then." lydia said.

"i was still a coyote so i might've tried to eat it." malia said.

"deaton said that my subconscious is trying to tell me something. but i need you guys to help me figure out what it's saying." scott said.

"maybe you guys were just curious teenagers. you heard there was a body." lydia said.

"but how? i never watched the news. and i didn't have a police scanner." scott said.

"and why would you bring me?" rachel asked.

"your mom works at the hospital. maybe she got called in and you overheard her?" malia suggested.

"my mom wasn't home that night. i live five miles away from here. how did i get here?" scott said.

"and how did i get back home?" rachel asked.

"you drove." malia said.

"none of us had a car." scott said.

"you ran." malia said.

"i couldn't have. i had asthma. we were hiding, but they knew that we were here." scott said.