Chapter 2

It had been a while after the encounter with that hollow, you hadn't seen Ukitake since then. You just assumed he went back to the Soul Society he was talking about. Even though he didn't have to, he had stayed a little while when you were injured just to make sure you were alright. He told you a bit of the stuff you were still unclear about. It was a real eye opener learning that their was actually an afterlife. I mean you had to go somewhere when you died right?

Life for you had gone partly back to normal. No more hollows had attacked since then, which you were grateful for. 

You had to admit it was kinda lonely. Not that you weren't accustomed being alone. You basically lived on your own, your parents never had time for you back home so you left. It didn't really seem like they cared. You were still given an allowance to take care of any necessities, and you had a part time job to help with any other expenses.

School was the same old thing, your classmates would ignore you and often times some of the girls would pick on you. 

Nothing new.

You did what you always did when they came after you, you ran. 

No matter what it was you never made the mistake of standing up to them. In the end you would just get pummeled to the ground. Frankly, it wasn't worth the effort.

It was a normal weekday, you were sitting in class trying to listen to what your Sensei was saying. The quicker you got out of this hell hole the better. You never slacked off when it came to doing your work. Taking notes diligently,  you looked up when someone came rushing into the classroom.

"Kurosaki-san, it's seems your making a name for missing my classes." Sensei spoke clearly annoyed. The orange hair male merely shrugged. "I was helping an old lady cross the road." he replied lamely. His eyes looked uninterested as Sensei persisted to scold him. He took a seat not to long after turning to the window. You gazed at him in wonder. Something about him felt strange, you couldn't pinpoint it. He was radiating a weird type of reiatsu.

"Maybe he was one of those reapers.." you pondered. He turned in your direction, causing you to flinch as you faced back to the board avoiding his eyes as you focused on the rest of the lesson.

~Time skip~

"Come on (Y/N), you know we were only kidding." one of your classmates said as you stood drenched in water. One of them thought it would be funny to drop a bucket of freezing water on you while you were changing to leave school. At this point you had stop caring.

You didn't even reply to the girl as she stood with her posse of followers. The girls behind her giggled as they watched you. Your shirt was sticking to your body, (H/C) hair matted to your face. Your eyes were downcast as you walked past them. If you replied it would only get worse. You had gone to the principal many times but he never really did anything.

One of them growled at your unresponsive attitude. She shoved you roughly to the ground. You grunted softly when your shoulder connected with the earth. You shirt was now covered in dirt.

"You think your so much better than us don't you." she seethed as she raised her foot about to kick you in the gut. You closed your eyes awaiting the pain. 

When you didn't feel anything you looked up. The same orange haired boy was there. He caught her foot in his hand shoving her back. "Why don't you pick on someone else brats!" They all shrieked at his glare scampering off.

He frowned turning to your small form on the ground. "You okay?" he asked stooping down to your level. You nodded weakly. "Y-Yeah I'm kinda use to that now." you laughed, trying to play off your embarrassment.

"That's not funny! " he yelled startling you. You shifted back slightly afraid. "Shit, did I piss him off." You stood up shakily backing away from him. "I-I'm sorry." you apologized bowing.

He looked down at you with the same frown etched on his face. "Listen, I didn't mean to scare you, but you really gotta learn to stand up for yourself." he said swinging his bag over his shoulder. You gazed at him for a second, he looked strong and confident. You were pretty jealous, he probably never let anyone pick on him. Your head lowered. "I-I can't fight back, I'm not strong. It's easier to just run." you mumbled.

"Damn, what the hell did they do to this chick.." 

You stared back up at him with a smile. "Your amazing though, you scared them off so easily." You eyes brightened as you moved closer reaching to touch his hair. "Hey is that your natural hair color, that's so cool!" you blurted excitedly.

He blushed lightly, scratching his cheek. "Y-Yeah it's natural."

"Can I touch it!!" you asked eyes glistening.  He was about to deny you when he looked down. Your eyes were big as you stared at him hopefully. He sighed. "Geez, you sure are weird...whatever go ahead." he said bashfully. You grinned reaching up to run both your hands into his hair.

"It's really soft!" you gushed petting his head playfully.

Ichigo's face had gotten as red as a strawberry. He hated to admit it but your it felt nice having your dainty fingers running through his hair. "Okay! That's enough!" he stepped back trying to shoot you an angry look but he couldn't muster it. Your hands were still hanging out from touching his hair. "I-I guess I got a little carried away, sorry about that." you smiled up at him causing him to blush again.

"W-Why haven't I noticed such a cute girl before.." he wondered. Ichigo shook his head banishing the thought. "What the hell is wrong with me I barely even know her!!"

"Oh my name is-

"Ichigo Kurosaki I know." you finished.  Sensei is always yelling at you for reaching late plus your that guy who beat up those second years that were harassing the first year yesterday. " You wore a pleased smile at his stunned expression.

"You really like helping people huh superman~" you teased. He flushed turning away.

You giggled. " I think that's pretty cool, I'm (F/N) by the way. It's nice to meet you superman-san"

"D-Don't call me that!!" he yelled causing you to laugh louder.

"Well it was really nice meeting you, but I need to get home and change." you said looking down at your dirtied clothing. You waved about to walk off when he grabbed your wrist. You turned back towards him in confusion. 

"Nani?"

"I should walk you home, just in case. Those girls might come back."

"I-I couldn't ask you to do such a thing, y-you've done so much already r-really!!" you insisted trying to persuade him against it.

"Let's go." he said stubbornly pulling you along. You stumbled before falling in step with him.

"You really do have a hero complex." you pointed out.

"S-Shut up okay!" he fumed a heavy blush on his cheeks. You smiled walking.

"I actually made a friend..." you thought gleefully. Someone actually cared about your well being. And it felt.....nice