chapter 9

"i don't see it but it's close. it's only one of em" i said trying to spot  the walker i heard.  "keep your bow ready" rick said. i nodded and got an arrow ready.

me, dad, carol, and rick were currently having a meeting in the woods. we were planning out what to do if things go south. "we won't be here long. what do you think" rick asked carol, dad, and i.

"we can go in when it's empty." carol suggested. "how? it's locked up at night" i said keeping my eyes on the woods. "the window. it's just a latch. i can leave it open" carol said. "a latch?" rick questioned. "yeah" carol stated.

"what if one of those pricks shut it?" dad asked. "wait a couple of days, then leave it open again" carol said. she had this all planned out.

i heard the walker again. "it's gettin' closer" i said. "keep guard" rick said to me. "we need to do it sooner than later" rick said. he was right.

"right now they aren't watching us. they aren't worried about meetings like this" rick said. "they ain't realized how smart we are yet" i said.

"exactly. but we may need the guns, and we may not." rick said. "we will whatever way it goes" carol said.

"they're the luckiest damn people i've ever met. and they just keep getting luckier" rick said. "how's that?" dad asked. "we're here now" i stated.

dad looked at me and nodded. he knew i was right. we kept on talking about taking the guns.

"rae" rick said as the waker approached. i lifted my bow and shot the arrow directly into the walkers head. i then turned around and made eye contact with rick. we both nodded.

we started to make our way back through the woods. that when we walked past the walker. "dad what's this?" i asked looking at the walkers forehead. "is that a w?" ddd asked. "yeah i think so" i said burrowing my eyebrows. rick took a look at it and then we continued on.

later that day dad and i decided to go hunting. neither of us were saying anything, just walking and trying to spot something to kill.

he had his crossbow in one hand. i had my bow in my right hand and the arrow in my left.

dad and i then heard rusting of leaves. it was clearly a human. we both lifted our bows. "come out!" i yelled. "now" dad added.

aaron came out. dad and i both lowered our bows. he was looking at both dad and i. "you can tell the difference between walkers and human by sound?" aaron questioned. dad just looked him dead in the eye. i just stayed quiet.

"can you tell the difference between a good guy and a bad guy?" aaron questioned. i burrowed my eye brows. "rick doesn't seem to know much of that" aaron said. i then started to give him my death glare. "you don't know shit" i said in a snarky tone.

"there ain't much of a difference no more" dad said. that's not true. "that how you feel about your people?" aaron said. he's starting to push dad.

"why you following me and my daughter?" dad said getting closer to aaron in attempts to intimidate him. "i didn't know i was. i came out to hunt rabbits" aaron said defending himself.

aaron asked dad if he could join us. dad looked down at me. i just gave him a concerned look. "keep up and keep quiet" dad said to aaron. i was quick on dad's trail. aaron was behind us.

after a few minutes we approached a field that had a horse in it. aaron explained that they've been trying to catch it for a while. dad then proceeded to try to get the horse in the rope.

but once he almost had the horse, a herd of walkers came by the woods. "shit" i whispered. dad looked back at me. i knew what to do. i lifted my bow and started shooting them.