chapter 6

it's been three weeks.

we made our way towards virginia to help noah find his family. rick took a group out, but they found nothing. and tyreese ended up getting bit and passing.

we took a car to the road, and once that was out, we found another one. we took a pit stop and we all spread out to see if we could find anything. but there was nothing to be found.

we took the van that we found and continued down the road, but ran out of fuel. so we decided to walk. carl and i stayed together and walked in the middle of everyone.

we had a herd of walkers behind us, but we didn't take care of it. we didn't need to at this exact moment.

rick and dad were upfront and rick had judith.

dad hasn't been the same since atlanta. a piece of him has left since beth died, and there was nothing i could do about it.

none of us had really ate or drank anything these past couple of days. it's been starting to get to me but i tried my best to ignore it.

CARLS POV

we were all walking in silence. then out of no where, reagan passes out. "reagan" i called out to the group to get everyone's attention.

daryl ran over and knelt next to her on the ground. dad also ran over. "she's just passed out" daryl said checking her pulse. "probably from dehydration" my dad said caressing her head.

"did she hit her head?" dad asked me. "i-i think so. she fell sideways so i'm not completely sure" i said looking down at reagan.

"if she did she probably has a concussion" abraham said. we all looked over at him, he's probably right.

we heard a groan coming from the center of all of us. it was reagan, she woke up.

REAGANS POV

i woke up to everyone surrounding me and i was on the ground. my head was pounding. i must've passed out.

i grabbed hold on my dads hand and he pulled me up. he grabbed onto my side so when he realized i was unstable. "you okay?" rick asked. i nodded.

"it's just my head. it's pounding" i said putting a piece of my hair behind my ear.

"i'm gonna go find some more water" my dad said walking me over to carl.

"stay by carl's side" he said. "dad please stay" i said. i put my arm around carl's shoulders and he wrapped his arm around me. i knew dad was just taking this opportunity to try to get away from everyone.

but dad ignored my plea, and went off into the woods. "i'll go after him" carol said putting a hand on my shoulder and running off.

i was truly concerned about my dad. "you scared me" carl said quietly. "im alright" I said.

i was mainly just concerned about my dad.

we got to a high elevation that was next to the road, this was our perfect chance to kill some of these walkers without making a lot of noise.

"reagan, please stand back with carl." rick said as i let go of carl to try to help. i sighed and nodded, it was probably best.

they threw all the walkers off the edge and we continued walking.

once evening was getting ready to approach, and we were all exhausted, we decided to call it a night.

we all sat along the road in silence. we head a rustle in the woods and i immediately grabbed my bow, but then sat it down when i saw it was just dad. i sighed in relief and looked up at him concerned.