Johanna dries her hands on a towel and goes over to kiss him on the cheek and give Zinnia a hug.

“I love you both,” she says. “Have a great day.”

“You too, Jay,” Zinnia shoots her a smile and swings her backpack over her shoulder. She starts to become demanding once they're a few strides from the house. “So, explain last night to me. Why the hell was Harry crying that hard?”

Louis sighs. “It's not really my place, Zinns.”

“Bullshit,” she rolls her eyes. “Come on, you know that I won't tell anyone. Besides, what if you need a shoulder to lean on?”

He glares at her. “Harry cut himself,” he puts it bluntly. “I guess he freaked out about it and came over.”

“I don't understand,” Zinnia looks confused.

“He cut himself for the first time, didn't like the feeling and got scared, so he came over,” Louis says slowly.

She starts to smile. “You know what this means, right?”

“Can you stop fucking around?” Louis snaps.

“Fine,” Zinnia huffs. “You're his comfort zone. Even when he doesn't want to trust you, he feels safe with you. He needs you, Louis.”

“Need isn't good for relationships,” he frowns. “It shouldn't be about that. We shouldn't be together just because we need each someone, we should be together because we love each other.”

“I never thought you were together because you need someone,” Zinnia assures him. “I was just saying. He loves you, Lou. Why else do you think he would've picked you to be his go-to?”

Louis shrugs, but he has to bite his lip to hold in a smile. “I never thought of it that way.”

“Because you're stupid,” she fires lightly. “And this is me being a bitch, but you're clueless to the fact that Harry wants you to keep trying to get him. He wants to feel like he's worth it. Maybe you should tell him that.”

“How the hell are you so good at reading people's feelings?” Louis asks with a laugh.

“Women's intuition?” Zinnia purses her lips and shrugs. “I don't know, really. I just feel like Harry and I are a lot alike, so I'm going based on how I would feel if I were in his situation.”

“Thanks, Zinn,” Louis gives her a smile. “I'll see you in French.”

“Yep,” Zinnia grins back and heads off to her homeroom.

Study hall is right before lunch, so it's not a wonder why Harry picked it. Louis' morining seems to creep by until he can leave the library and sneak into the bathroom to meet Harry, who left a few minutes before Louis with a nervous expression.