XIII

C H A P T E R    T H I R T E E N:

“Stay the night with me,” Louis whispers into Harry's ear.

The two of them haven't moved off Louis' bed yet, not even when Johanna came in to say she was heading to bed and that Harry could stay the night if he wanted. At the time, he declined, saying he'd be going within the hour, but now he thinks staying with Louis is better than going home with tear stains covering his cheeks.

“Okay,” Harry whispers back.

Louis twirls a strand of Harry's hair around his finger, giving the ringlet a gentle tug.

“Do you need anything?” he asks.

“No, just you,” Harry says, turning his cheek into Louis' chest.

Louis sighs. “Don't... Don't say things like that, Harry.”

“Why not?” Harry looks up at Louis with furrowed eyebrows and a confused expression.

“Because—” Louis stops himself and brings a hand up to cover his face with it.

“You used to say you wanted me to trust you,” Harry interrupts. “Now you want me to just stop?”

“No, I want you to trust me,” Louis groans. He's getting his words all mixed up and it isn't working for anyone. “Maybe I'm scared. You look at me like I'm the sun and I can't deal with it sometimes. I don't understand how you can love me the way you do. How you can be so willing to hand yourself over to me and never doubt that I won't be able to take care of you. I'm scared about what's going to happen the day I can't.”

“Lou,” Harry sighs, “I'm not submitting to you, if that's what you're saying. I trust you and I want you to be there for me. When you say I'm putting my life in your hands, I'm not, but I do admit to trusting you a little more than what's normal.”

Louis cups the back of his head and holds him tighter. “I'm terrified that you're going to realize that I'm not all that great and stop loving me.”

Harry chuckles a bit. “If anything, that would be you to me. Louis, I love you, and I don't see myself leavig you anytime soon.”

Louis sighs and bites his lip. “What if I did something really bad?”

“Like what?” Harry questions.

Louis freezes up. “Nothing. I was just wondering. I'm getting tired, are you?”

“Yeah,” Harry replies. He's confused by Louis' sudden change in subject and has a slightly dazed look on his face. “Want me to get up so we can go downstairs?”

“Let's just stay here,” Louis suggests. “If my mum wants to yell at us, let her. Besides, it's not like I can knock you up, or anything.”

Harry cringes. “That sounds so vile.”