XIV

C H A P T E R    F O U R T E E N:

“Lou?” Zinnia pokes her head through his door, Daisy and Phoebe hanging off her waist.

Louis looks up at her, and he suddenly remembers how much he's missed her. It hits him all at once, like he ran into a wall. With him spending all his time with Harry, there hasn't been much for Zinnia. In these situations, Louis' always wanted her.

“Yeah?” Louis questions.

“The twins wanted to know if you and Harry wanted to come play Crazy Eights with us,” Zinnia says.

Louis looks down at Harry, passed out in the crook of his elbow. He hasn't been much company in a while, and Louis is starting to get lonely.

“Sure,” he agrees. Louis uses his thumb to brush Harry's hair away from is forehead and smiles as Harry makes a snuffling sound and burys his face in Louis' thigh.

Zinnia seems to catch on. “Go downstairs,” she orders the twins. “Louis and I will be down in a second.”

Once they're alone, Zinnia comes over and sits on the bed next to Louis. He continues to stroke over Harry's face, starting at his temple and then down to his cheek.

“How much do you love him?” Zinnia asks.

“A lot,” Louis replies, sliding his other hand down Harry's chest to curl it over his waist and stroke his hip.

“You know that you have something special, right?” she inquires.

He nods. “I know.”

Zinnia smiles softly and says, “Louis, you look at him like he's your whole world and he looks at you like you're the only one keeping him breathing.”

“Sometimes I feel like he's the only one keeping me here,” Louis confesses.

“I heard you yesterday,” she tells him.

His eyebrows furrow. “What?”

“I heard you doing whatever you and Harry were doing yesterday,” Zinnia elaborates. “I heard you moaning and then I heard Harry crying. What did you do to him?”

“Zinn, you don't understand,” Louis attempts, but Zinnia cuts him off.

“Are you forcing him into doing things?” she asks. “I know you love him, but, Louis, that doesn't mean you can have your way with him.”

“Fuck you,” Louis spits. “You know damn well that I'd never do that to him. We didn't do anything, just dry humping, and I stopped when Harry freaked out and told me to.”

“I'm sorry,” Zinnia sighs. “You're right, you'd never do something so cruel. I'm just stressed and tired and worn out over the Lottie situation. Forgive me?”