08

Y/n POV

"Wait what?" I was a bit surprised at his words.

"What I meant was that it would be nice if you were there all the time to help take care of Jeongmin." His face reddened again.

"That didn't make it sound any better." I smirked. "In fact, I think you made it worse."

"Ok, you know what, never mind." He was definitely embarrassed. And it was adorable.

"Just don't take it that way." He said, nervously.

"Boy I already did." I laughed at him. At least he was trying.

"Argh you're impossible."

"I know. And I take great pride in it too." I flipped my hair.

"I feel bad for whoever lives with you." He joked.

"Well looks like you're feeling bad for your future self." I grinned evilly. This is fun.

"Y-yeah sure." He stuttered, turning even more red if that was even possible.

"Anywhoo." I sang out. "Do you know where the health nut section is?" I asked, looking around for any sign board that gave my lost self directions.

"You. In the healthy food section. Like that's ever gonna happen." Jungkook laughed.

"It's not for me, it's for Miyeon."

"Oh, that's Tae's girlfriend right?" He said, following my lost and confused self around the store.

"Yup. It was a match made in heaven."  I took a few rights and lefts and wound my way through elderly people until I came across the aisle which I had been searching for since the past 15 minutes.

"Here it is."

I pushed the cart through all the sporty looking people in the aisle and I felt so out of place. I'm never coming back here again unless I'm looking for ways to reduce my self confidence.

I picked out a few granola bars along with that horrid tasting whey protein powder stuff that Miyeon lives off of and threw them into the cart.

If anyone saw the cart they would think that I'm some sort of mom that's trying to make her kids eat healthy but ends up with a truckload of the stuff she didn't come here to buy in the first place.

I felt someone grab on to my leg and saw Jeongmin.

"Noona are you done? Can we go now?" He asked sweetly.

I picked him up and placed him in the cart.

"Of course." I smiled. "Where's your appa Jeongmin?"

I pushed through all the people again and started wandering through the whole damn store again. Miyeon would be proud if she saw me. I remember this one time she made me wear a Fitbit to see how many steps I took in a day and by the time she checked it, the number read 50 and let me tell you, it was only from the kitchen and back.

"Jeongmin when was the last time you saw him?" I asked, hopefully he knew.

"I don't know. But he'll probably be in the gaming section."

Of course. That explains the abundance of gaming consoles and shelves full of games in his house. What else would he do in his free time.

Sure enough, he was standing in front of one of the TV's with a controller in his hand while cursing at the horrible display quality.

"Ahem." I tried getting his attention.

He didn't even acknowledge my presence.

"Jeon Jungkook, Jeongmin is lost."

That got his attention.

"WHAT WHEN WHY HOW" He dropped the controller.

"I'm just kidding. He's right here." I said, gesturing to Jeongmin who smiled at his father.

"Jesus fuc-"

"No swearing. There are innocent ears here." I glared at him.

"Seriously? I was in the middle of playing Overwatch!" He whined, apologizing to the angry employee about the controller.

I rolled my eyes at him.

"Your 'Overwatch' can wait. Jeongmin was searching for you!"

"Sorry I was distracted." He said sheepishly.

"Whatever," I sighed. "Let's just get out of here."

"I second that." He replied, as we made our way to the checkout line.

The checkout process was going smoothly until the cashier had to ruin it.

"That's a beautiful family you've got there." She smiled at me.

"No, you're mista-" Jungkook started to defend but then I jumped in between clamping a hand over Jungkook's mouth.

"Thank you!" I said with a fake smile.

I grabbed the bags and pulled Jungkook by the hand out the door while carrying Jeongmin in the other.

"Why the hell did you say freaking 'thank you'?!" He turned me to face him.

"Because I'm a nice person." I deadpanned.

"If you're nice then I must be god himself." He rolled his eyes.

"But seriously though, you should've seen the look on your face!" I laughed.

"You looked jungshook." I was practically wheezing at this point.

"Da heck do you mean by that?" He sounded annoyed.

"Get it cuz your name is Jungkook and you looked shook so if you combine both you get jungshook!" I was on the floor completely out of breath.

"Hilarious." He rolled his eyes.

"I know." I said, trying to regain my breath.

"Anyway, see ya tomorrow." I said, getting my bags.

"Wait, y/n, are you busy tomorrow?" Jungkook asked, looking at the floor.

"No I'm never busy." I joked. "Why?"

"I was just wondering if you wanted to get coffee sometime."

"Sure."

His eyes lit up and he gave me a bunny smile.

"Like a date?"

"What no! As friends."

"It won't be like that for long Kook, but yeah, what time?"

"I'll text you." He picked up Jeongmin.

"Ok see ya tomorrow then." I walked towards my car.

Guess who's going on a 'date but not really'.

A/n

Damn Jungkook's tryna get some

And hoLY SHIT 200+ READS ON THIS CRAP! YOU GUYS ARE AMAZING

Btw I started another book called Heal Me. It's like a 'sad but not really' book and I would appreciate it if you could read it! *drowns in self promo*

I have really silent readers. You guys should comment! I love reading them.

Bye cookies 💗

Word count: 954

<Unedited>