Chapter 12: The Sweet Escape and the Final Showdown!

Charity woke up with a cringe of pain. She screamed in agony when she tried to move her arm. She looked down at it. Long jagged cuts were all over her left arm. They even went down to the back of her hand. There was a cut under her left eye as well. It was only when she saw a knife covered in dried blood that her fears were realized. NightShade had inflicted cuts on her body while she was unconscious.

NightShade held the blood-covered blade under his lips. He licked the blood off the blade. Charity stared at him with disgust. When NightShade looked her way, he gave a perverted smile.

"Welcome back to the land of the living. I thought your current afflictions would kill you. Since you survived, we can move on with your suffering!" He exclaimed.

Charity spat at the ground at that. "You're a despicable human being!" She growled through clenched teeth.

"Thank you. I'll take that as a compliment." He replied.

Charity leaned up and spit in his face. NightShade gave a dry laugh. He wiped the spit off his face before grinning at her wildly.

"I'll make sure you are in agony for that." He said.

Without hesitation, NightShade towered over Charity with a sadistic grin. He plunged his left hand inside of her chest. His hand captured her heart. Charity wailed in pain. Pulling her beating heart out of her, NightShade laughed a raspy laugh at his nemesis. Charity looked at the wizard with terror. Her skin had turned pale.

"See how easy it was to rip your heart out, my dear? It's like taking candy from a baby. I have no need for a heart like yours anyway. I just wanted to conduct an experiment to see if it worked. It was a success! I'll return your heart to you now. Its beating is getting annoying." He told her.

NightShade pushed Charity's heart into her chest hard. Charity gasped in pain when her heart returned to her. She then caught her breath.

"Please stop this. It hurts and I can't stand it!" Charity cried out to NightShade.

He just grinned at her. "I'm sorry, but I am enjoying our time together too much to stop. Seeing you suffer is so sweet!" He exclaimed.

He rubbed his hands with satisfaction. Before Charity could break free of her bonds, she saw NightShade pull down a switch. A metal door opened and a long black worm that was the size of Charity entered the room. It hovered over her hungrily. Its mouth was making a sucking noise.

Before Charity could resist, its mouth stuck onto her throat. She cried out in pain. It was lying on top of her. The creature took a deep breath and started to suck the blood out of her. Charity begged and screamed for it to stop. The creature continued its attack ignoring her cries. She felt its slimy body bounce up and down on her.

When it had finished, Charity laid on the table with a tired look on her face. The worm removed its mouth off her. It bent over Charity and placed her head into its mouth. It was going to absorb her. Before it could, NightShade opened his mouth wide. He sucked the worm into his body. He devoured the worm with a gulp.

"The worm is now a part of me. Anything that I absorb of the darkness becomes a part of me and I can transform into it instantly. I'll save it for the end though." He said to her darkly.

NightShade tightened Charity's straps then disappeared. Charity looked to see if NightShade was gone before she made a move to escape. When the coast was clear, she lifted her leg up into the air. Her dagger fell out of her shoe. She grabbed it between her teeth and began to cut through her bonds.

When Charity was free of her straps, she ran out the side door of the torture chamber without a sound. Once she was outside, she headed toward the exit. Charity was about to get farther when a long chain wrapped around her neck. NightShade held the end of the chain with a smile.