Chapter 6: Heart Attack in the Jungle!

Hysterical laughter filled the air. Charity walked through the fog that covered everything in sight. When it cleared, she saw a figure rocking back and forth in a fetal position. It was only when she saw the long pointy bat ears that she took a step forward.

"Flick, is that you?" Charity asked.

She placed a hand on his shoulder. The laughter at that moment intensified. When he turned around, Charity gasped. She was looking into two white milky eyes of her friend Flick. Drool fell down his lips which curved upwards into a crazed grin. He rose up and slowly staggered toward her. His skin was peeling off. Charity quickly backed away from the zombie.

She then screamed bloody murder. She woke up and began to breathe hard. Her heart started to race. A few moments had passed. Charity had calmed down. Her dream had felt so real though.

"I hope that dream doesn't became real." She said to herself. She then got up and went to find something to eat.

She stopped when she entered a jungle. It was lush with vegetation and a variety of plant life. Charity began to sweat in the blistering heat. Sweat had started to fall down her forehead. It even went into her mouth. It tasted salty. When Charity went further into the tropical paradise, it got a little cooler. It was also shady in some parts of it. She then saw a bush covered with berries and stopped. Charity examined them closely.

The berries were shaped like red diamonds with green stripes across them. She plucked one off the bush. It felt soft like a gummy. Charity then threw it into her mouth. The diamond shaped berry tasted like a watermelon. It was delicious. She ate a few more and picked the rest of them to eat later. When the berries were inside a plastic bag in her backpack, Charity closed it up.

She walked on for only a few seconds when a strange plant caught her eye. Charity stopped to admire it. The plant had stood erect in the sunlight. Blue veins had adorned its large white petals like a spider web pattern. The bloom was shaped like a human heart. When Charity read the sign next to the plant, her blood ran cold. The sign had read:

Beware of the Carnivorous Heart! If you are not careful, it might devour yours.

She was standing right in front of the deadly plant. Before she got a chance to move, the plant began to breathe. Its heart shaped form began to inflate and deflate like a balloon. Charity then heard a loud thumping noise. It was coming from the plant. It was so loud that it made her eardrums bleed.

A long vine from the plant struck out at Charity. It had stuck onto her body over the place where her heart was at. It then started to glow red.

"What a strong and pure heart she has. It must be mine. It'll make me stronger!" She heard the plant's voice whisper in her head.

The plant began to tug and pull on her heart trying to capture it. Charity screamed in pain. She resisted it with all her might.

"Let go of me!" She cried out.

The plant let out a laugh that sounded like a gentle breeze of wind and pulled harder. She then looked on in horror. Her heart was about to enter the plant's long vine that would travel inside of it.

Without hesitation, she grabbed a dagger out of one of her long black boots. She quickly threw it at the plant. The dagger had pierced the inside of the Carnivorous heart. The plant relinquished its grasp on her heart. It began to bleed to death. The plant had deflated and withered.

Charity's heart began to beat fast. It had returned to her body. She sighed in relief and rested for a moment. Charity then ran toward the exit of the Jungle. She did not look back. The jungle had provided her with nourishment and peril.

She then saw the sun set below the horizon. Charity didn't have many days left. The full moon was only in four more days. She had not found the way out of the AbyssFantastical yet. If she did not find the exit soon, NightShade would make her suffer.

"I wish I could get out of here. What am I missing?" She asked herself.

A tear fell down her face as she thought about it. She stared at the ground for a moment. She was about to cry when someone called out her name. She looked up to see an old familiar face.

"Don't cry, Charity. You are a very kind and courageous warrior. When the battle gets tough, you face them head on. I'm very proud of you and was proud to have you as a student. You must complete your mission by believing in yourself and in the power of love." the Nun told her.

Charity nodded. "Thank you, Sister. I will try to find the love I have lost. I'll finish my journey with my head held high." She said.

The nun faded away after that. Charity was sad that she had to continue on without her friend Flick. She hoped that he was okay. Unable to continue, she fell to the ground exhausted. In seconds she went into a deep slumber.

Standing several feet away from the slumbering young woman was Flick. His yellow eyes had now become blank. They were as white as snow. He tried to utter a word to his friend. All that had come out of his mouth were grunts and whining noises.

Charity turned over in her sleep and smiled. "Don't cry, puppy. Everything will be alright." She said in her sleep.

The elf was glad that she was okay. Without a thought, he slowly staggered over to her with outstretched arms. His mouth opened wide with hunger. The mindless zombie that was once Flick was going to eat Charity. His skin that was decaying began to peel off. Before he could eat her, he vanished into thin air.

NightShade had stood right behind him. He had made the elf disappear with a snap of his fingers. Towering over Charity, he gave a perverted smile. He brushed a strand of her long brown hair out of her face.

"In four days you'll be mine. I await our destined meeting. For now, enjoy your freedom while you can." He whispered to her.

Fading into the darkness, he laughed maniacally. NightShade's dark laughter echoed into the night. Hearing his laughter ringing in her ears, Charity woke up with a shudder.