Chapter 4: Crashing the Mad Dance Party!

Charity walked for a long time. She was so tired that her eyelids began to droop. Unable to go any farther, she went to find somewhere to rest for the night. She came to an empty metal cave covered with wet algae and collapsed to the ground. In seconds Charity drifted off to sleep. The same vision she had before haunted her dreams. She had screamed herself awake. Sweat began to pour down her face. Charity's heart started to beat fast. She waited for her racing heart to slow. Charity was about to go to sleep when she saw a white snowy owl. It sat on an algae covered rock beside her. It wore dark opaque sunglasses on its face. It then cocked its head to its side to stare at her.

"Having bad dreams, Senora?" the owl asked in a rich spanish accent.

"It's more like a vision I've had. It's been haunting my dreams,"Charity replied. Before she could ask a question, the owl puffed its feathers out in frustration.

"What's an owl doing with sunglasses? I'm blind as a bat so I wear them! As for why I am here, your screams drew me over. How long have you had this vision, Senora?" It asked after swallowing a centipede whole. Charity looked disgusted.

"It started again when I arrived here in the AbyssFantastical two days ago. It was of the wizard NightShade. He tried to kill me. My vision made me do something I now regret. I only have until the next full moon to get out of here. If I fail, I belong to him body and soul. That's the wager I made with the dark wizard. I lost my friend because of it." She told the owl. Tears had begun to fall down her face.

The owl placed its wings together in thought. It then shook its head solemnly.

"The next full moon is in two weeks from now. You'll have to do this quest on your own. Don't despair though Senora. Love, kindness, and courage are the keys to leave. You'll soon be free." It replied.

The owl placed a kiss on her face. It made her tears vanish. She nodded. Charity thanked the owl before it flew out of the cave whistling "La Bamba". When Charity drifted back to sleep, her sleep was dreamless.

The next morning Charity woke up. She began again on her journey. While walking, she saw several red and black butterflies swarm onto a rat. The rat screamed as the creatures were sucking out its blood. Disgusted, Charity ran away from the bloodsucking butterflies.

When she was further away from the bugs, Charity walked down a long set of railroad tracks that were rusted. When she came to the end of it, she saw a long dance platform with a boom box blaring loud music. It was so loud that her eardrums began to bleed. Three tall human sized fairies were dancing to the Conga song. They all wore halter tops, short skirts, and high heels. Charity was amazed at how fast they moved.

"Hey! We don't do free shows here. If you want to stay, you got to dance!" One of the fairies with long curly jet black hair in the red halter top and short skirt called out to her.

"Okay. I am not a good dancer though." Charity replied embarrassed.

The fairies pulled her onto the dance floor before dancing again. They danced for a few minutes. When Charity did the dolphin dance, the fairies' dancing along with the music stopped.The fairies looked at her in shock.

"I don't know what that is, but it's not dancing." The middle fairy laughed.

The fairies thought she was having a seizure. They then pushed Charity off the stage. She landed to the ground with a thud.

"Leave the dancing to us professionals." They told her.

The fairies waved bye before they began to dance again. Charity brushed the dirt off her and left the mad dance party with a sigh.

"Be that way then. I don't dance with fairies anyway!" She growled through clenched teeth to herself.

She was angry and hurt at the fairies' behavior. Seeing more abandoned railroad tracks, she began to follow them. Once she got to the end,Charity shuddered.

What lies ahead was a field covered in human skeletons. At the end of the skeleton covered field was a rotten wooden bridge. It led to another part of the AbyssFantastical. Placing her fears aside, Charity trudged through the field of skeletons.

A bony hand then grabbed her ankle. Charity cried out in fear. She kicked the skeletal hand off her before running past the others. She reached the beginning of the bridge and sighed. Everything would be okay once she was on the other side.

Charity touched the wood railing of the bridge only to hear a loud screech fill the air. She jumped back when something ascended to the sky and crashed through the wooden bridge. It hovered above it with glowing green eyes. Opening its mouth, the beast had blown a long stream of fire onto the bridge. Within seconds the bridge had collapsed. It had turned to ashes.

When it landed onto the field of skeletons, Charity had come face to face with a dragon made of metal.

"Crashing a Mad Dance Party and facing a dragon were so not in my plans today!" She cried out in frustration.

Pulling a golden shield out of the bony hand from the skeleton beside her, Charity held it out in front of her. The dragon let out a loud roar that made everything around them shake.