Chapter 5: A Dragon Fight and Flick's Plight!

The Sky had turned blood red. Dark clouds appeared. Lightning danced between them. Thunder roared in the distance. Charity stared straight into the glowing green eyes of the metal dragon. It snapped its mouth shut. It began to make a grinding noise. When it moved toward her, you could hear the rattling sound of chains. Charity jumped out of the dragon's way. Its long tail struck out at her. Charity fell onto her back. She was lying on top of a rib cage of a decapitated human skeleton. The dragon towered over her with a laugh.

Its breastplate opened up and a spinning buzz saw began to inch closer to her. Before the saw reached Charity, She rolled away from the weapon. The saw had sliced through the rib cage of the skeleton. It had split in two. Bone dust flew everywhere. The dragon then let out a cry of anguish. Flapping its long sharp metallic wings, it landed right in front of a rock. Charity was hiding behind it.

Bringing the buzz saw out, the dragon began to slice through the rock. In seconds the rock was cut in half. It also sliced Charity on the arm. Blood began to fall down it. She screamed in pain. Before it could cut her again, Charity quickly held the shield in front of it. Sparks flew off of it. The saw could not penetrate through the shield. The saw returned inside the dragon after that.

Before Charity could run, the dragon swooped down and grabbed her with its hind legs. She tried to get loose, but the creature held on tight. It ascended into the air with her. The dragon laughed in its throat. It opened its mouth wide. The dragon prepared to incinerate her. Charity quickly got out her bow. She placed an arrow in it. Without hesitation, she let the arrow loose. It spun around and went straight inside the mechanical dragon's mouth. The dragon closed it and grinned. Its moment of triumph was short lived. In mere seconds the dragon exploded into a fiery inferno.

Charity's arrow had jammed the gears that operated it. As pieces of the metal creature scattered everywhere, Charity jumped from piece to piece. She then landed safely to the other side with a somersault. Relieved that her ordeal was over, Charity tended to her nasty cut. She sprayed the aloe vera mist on it. She then cursed under her breath. It stung and was cool to the touch. She wrapped a gauze bandage around it and tied it into place.

"I'm glad that dangerous dragon situation is over." She said to herself. Charity rested for a moment before continuing on her journey alone in that dangerous land.

NightShade watched her from his crystal ball and smiled. He was amazed that a mere child could take down a metal dragon without help.

"You were lucky this time. Soon your luck will run out." He said darkly.

Flick tried to speak to the wizard through the orb. The orb was soundproof. He then closed his eyes and sent out a mental link. "So the metal dragon wasn't your doing?" He asked the wizard telepathically. NightShade looked at Flick in the orb and smiled.

"Ah, telepathy! What a clever elf you are. To answer your question, no. That metallic lizard was not of my creation. It was made when the AbyssFantastical first came about. It was borne out of the darkness of the land. However, I did create the glass alligator." He explained to the elf proud of the fact.

Flick cursed under his breath after that. NightShade read Flick's troubled expression and scowled. He held the orb up and glared at it with malice.

"How dare you let her kill my precious reptile!" He snapped.

Flick trembled in fear. "We had to. It tried to eat both of us!" Flick cried out.

The Wizard was about to shake his necklace but stopped. He regained his composure and laughed.

"It is of no matter. Your friend will fail soon. When she does, she'll be mine!" He exclaimed with glee. NightShade then vanished into thin air. He left his orb necklace behind.