Chapter 2: Lator Gator!

Chapter 2: Lator, Gator!

Flick dodged away from the alligator. But he was knocked down to the ground with its long tail ,which sliced him across the shoulder blade of his left arm with one of the sharp pieces of jagged glass. He cried out in pain as blood started to pour down his arm.

"Flick! " Charity screamed.

She was about to run over to him when the massive reptilian behemoth slammed into Charity. She fell up against the slippery metal cave wall which was covered by the aluminum can stalagmites.

Charity was about to get away but the alligator's front legs pushed down onto her chest hard keeping her in place. Its long clawed nails began to pierce through the fabric of her bubblegum pink shirt. It glared at her darkly. The alligator began to breathe heavily on her. Charity coughed and gagged at its hot breath which smelled of sulfur. It then licked her face with its long magenta tongue. She stared at it with terror and disgust. The glass alligator thought she was delicious. Without hesitation, it opened its mouth full of sharp teeth and placed it near her face. It closed with a snap, but Charity quickly dodged it to the right side of the wall.

The alligator tried again and she dodged it. The gator continued to snap at Charity. It was determined to devour her. She continued to dodge its advances. Charity did not know how much longer she could evade the hungry predator. She didn't have to wait long. It gave a screech of pain and quickly turned around. Flick was standing on the gator's tail. He had stomped on it hard. It got off of Charity and headed toward the elf with anger along with hunger.

Flick quickly ran away from the hungry reptile. The gator quickly got in front of him and slammed into the elf with its large paunch. Flick fell down onto his back on the cave floor. The gator towered over its prey licking its lips. A wheezing laugh escaped from its throat. In one swoop the gator grabbed Flick with its mouth and began to swallow him slowly. Flick panicked and screamed for help.

Charity then saw Flick's bow and his drawstring bag full of arrows lying on the cave floor. She quickly grabbed an arrow out and placed it together with the bow. She aimed the arrow straight at the glass covered beast. She then let loose of the arrow. It spun around like a bottle rocket then pierced through the back of the gator's head. The gator gave an ear splitting roar of pain then collapsed to the cave floor where it no longer moved.

"Later, Gator! " Charity called out a moment later.

She quickly pulled Flick out of the dead alligator's mouth. Shaking the drool off of him, Flick jumped into Charity's arms with relief.

"Thanks for saving my life, Charity. I owe you one." He said.

Charity wiped his tears away with his potato sack shirt.

"That's what friends are for, Flick. That test was tough though." She noted.

Flick nodded. She then saw Flick's cut from where the alligator injured him and took a spray bottle of aloe vera along with some gauze out of her jean's pocket.

Flick looked at it curiously. Charity then held his arm up where the cut was at and sprayed the aloe vera mist on it. Flick cringed in pain.

"It stings and it's cold! " He whined.

"It's medicine to help your wound heal. It'll hurt for a little while. Let's bandage it up now." Charity told her friend. He nodded. Charity wrapped the gauze around Flick's arm where his cut was at before tying it tightly.

"You have been a good wounded soldier." She told him. Flick smiled at that. They quickly got out of the cave before anything else could attack them.

Once they were out of the cave, Charity returned the bow and magenta drawstring bag of arrows back to Flick. He thanked her. They then walked in silence for a while. A moment later Flick smiled at his companion.

"That was a great shot back there! Who taught you to do archery?" He asked impressed.

"I attended a school for girls. I was taught archery and how to fight there. They also taught me that the world is full of predators and that we must learn to protect ourselves from them. Being in an all-girl school made me think we were taught to be amazon warriors than just normal girls who are being taught self-defense." Charity explained to him.

"Well, if we ever run into that dark wizard, we'll have to fight to stay alive. He won't stop until the ones who defy him are dead or tortured." Flick said with a shudder.

"Well, I'm not afraid of wizards or anything. I'd spit in their face and and laugh about it." Charity bragged. Flick smiled. They laughed as they continued to walk through the mysterious land of the AbyssFantastical.

Watching them from the top of a castle that resided on top of the toxic waste drain pipe, the dark wizard NightShade glared at them from his crystal ball with two dark green eyes. He laughed evilly.

"Not afraid of anything, eh? We'll see about that. I'll show you what true fear really is, my dear! " He exclaimed.

A dark smile crossed his face as he went to go conjure a deadly magical storm. He would send it straight toward the two companions soon.