Chapter 10: A Very Deadly and Dangerous Situation!

Charity woke up early the next morning to see needle size holes on her skin. They were red. She tried not to scratch the bite marks that were caused by the bloodsucking butterflies. They were itchy though. A moment later she ceased scratching. Charity looked down at her feet with terror. The owl that had saved her the day before lied dead at her feet. The creature's skin was gray as a gravestone. Its wings were covered in blood.

She screamed at the sight. Tears began to fall down her face. She quickly backed away from the corpse just as it began to snow. In seconds the owl was buried in it. When the snow stopped falling, Charity grabbed one of the blue hydrangea blossoms out of her backpack. She placed the flower on top of the owl's snowy grave. Charity whispered goodbye and walked away.

She laid against the wall. Charity began to eat more of the diamond shaped watermelon berries she had obtained from the jungle. Hearing a loud whistling noise, she looked up. Above her was a spinning black smoky portal. Before she could get away, something fell right on top of her. She tried to get up but the creature held her pinned down.

"Get off me!" She screamed.

It was only when she saw the long scraggly black hair and long pointy bat ears that Charity saw that it was Flick. He wasn't the same though. His skin was starting to hang off his body like toilet paper. Instead of his yellow cat eyes, Charity was now looking into two blank milky white eyes. She was terrified at the sight.

"Flick!" Charity called out.

The zombie that was Flick just stared blankly at her. A loud moan escaped from him. He opened his mouth wide, bent down toward Charity's neck, and prepared to bite her. Charity quickly kicked him in his private parts. When he bowled over in pain, she shot up to her feet. She ran for it. The zombie that was now Flick staggered slowly toward her in pursuit. Before he could get near her, he fell through the spinning black smoky portal that instantly appeared in front of him.

When the portal vanished, Charity stood near the metal trees to catch her breath. Her heart was beating fast. A shudder went through her body like electricity. She could not believe it. Flick was alive. He tried to eat her too. It would take a miracle for her to save him. First she had to save herself. NightShade would be there as soon as the full moon appeared. She would have to fight him with her life.

Charity then heard a high pitched screech and turned around. A swarm of bats flew through her. She batted them away with her hands. The bats disappeared after that. She let out a sigh of relief.

The clouds then parted to reveal a full blood moon. It hovered above her illuminating the area like a bright searchlight. Charity then heard NightShade's maniacal laughter and jumped a few feet off the ground in fright. He appeared with a dark smile on his face. Before she could do anything, he grabbed her by the throat. NightShade lifted her off the ground and squeezed her throat. Charity cried out in pain. The wizard laughed at her.

"Well, I see you made it to the end of this cursed land. Alas, there is no exit out of here. What a pity." He said to her with a sneer.

Releasing her, Charity fell to the ground with a thud. Her throat had become red and swollen from his grasp. She caught her breath and glared at the wizard darkly.

"I'm not going anywhere with you. I'll fight you to survive!" She snapped.

NightShade smiled at that. "Be my guest. After this ends, your pain and suffering will begin!" He exclaimed with triumph.

Charity slowly stood up then charged toward the wizard with a closed fist. She punched him in the face. NightShade staggered back a step in surprise. Blood began to fall on the side of his bottom lip. He licked the blood and smiled. He then clapped his hands once.

Charity then saw two giant red boxing gloves appear on either side of her. Before she could get away, they began to hit her. She was being pummeled on all sides. Charity screamed in pain. The gloves continued to beat her to a bloody pulp. Charity tried to fight back but failed. When the gloves disappeared, she lied on the ground with a black eye. Her face was a bloody mess.

Cuts and bruises were all over her body. Cringing in pain, Charity slowly rose to her feet. She staggered to keep her balance, but looked at NightShade smugly. NightShade's eyes were dark and menacing. Before Charity could charge toward him again, he held his hands out. Dark electricity started to grow into them.

"Lights out, Ms. Charity!" He cried out in anger.

He then unleashed the dark electricity out of his hands. It headed straight toward Charity like a thousand bolts of lightning. Charity was about to be zapped when something jumped in front of her. He cried out in agony. Charity looked in disbelief and fear at who it was.

"Flick, no!" She screamed.

Flick fell to the ground after he got electrocuted. He started to shake uncontrollably.

"Why did you do that? Now we are both doomed!" Charity shouted.

She then saw Flick smile at her. His yellow cat eyes were full of tears. He grabbed her hand and held it tight.

"People do crazy things for the ones they love. Elves too. I love you, Charity." He told her.

"I love you too, Flick." She replied.

When she said that, a giant door appeared behind them on the cement wall. It was illuminated by the colors of the rainbow. Before Charity could leave Flick to escape, NightShade threw his dark electricity toward the door. The electricity had now become barred. NightShade looked at them darkly.

"There is no escape now. This must be my lucky day! I now have two specimens for my torture experiments. Don't think of running away now. You're mine!" He barked.

Snapping his fingers, two neck shackles appeared behind Flick and Charity. The shackles instantly locked around their necks. NightShade pulled the chains to their shackles and began to drag them toward his castle. They were now in a very deadly and dangerous situation. It would take a miracle for them to escape the wizard's grasp. Their only way out was now enchanted by dark magic. They would have to defeat the wizard for any chance at survival.