• six - part one •

It was sunday evening and Jun had managed to completely avoid Minghao for the weekend, locking himself in his room and only getting out to eat or go to the bathroom.

He was a mess of hormones, thoughts of Minghao's lips on his completely clouding his mind. Why was love so painful? Was he even in love? He buried his head in his pillow, sighing heavily, when he suddenly felt his phone buzz in his backpocket.

[hansolo🤙]
hey, we're throwing a party at seungkwan's, u coming?

Jun blinked repeatedly at his phone screen, quickly typing.

[junhoe🥕]
who'll be there?

[hansolo🤙]
me, boo, jeonghan, seungcheol, wonwoo, mingyu, soonyoung is dragging jihoon there and idk who else rlly

Jun sighed, considering if he should go to the party, he really needed to get out of his room or he'd go insane, so he just figured, why not?

[junhoe🥕]
k, i'm coming

He left his phone on his bed and got up to take a shower. After that, he proceeded to spend an eternity trying to figure out what he'd wear, finally deciding on a sleeveless plaid shirt and black skinny jeans. He quickly fixed his hair and left the house, walking to Seungkwan's place, only a few blocks away from his.

As he walked, he started panicking. What if Minghao was there? He was surely not ready too see him at all and he didn't even know how he'd be able to look into his eyes after what had happened. He tried to calm himself down as he knocked on Seungkwan's front door, praying Minghao hadn't gone to the party. He was greeted by Hansol, his hair messy sticking out everywhere, Seungkwan standing next to him.

"Hey man!"

Hansol said, letting Jun enter the house, the older smiling softly at him.

"Hi"

He said, taking in the atmosphere. Everyone was drinking and talking, loud music coming from the speakers, Jun immediately regretted going to the party.

"Make yourself at home"

Hansol said, smiling widely at Jun, Seungkwan hitting his shoulder playfully.

"Hey! This is not your house, I should be saying that"

Seungkwan pouted, Hansol kissing his forehead.

"I practically live here anyway babe"

The younger smiled, ruffling Seungkwan's hair. Jun stood there awkwardly, speaking up softly.

"Are you guys... a thing?"

He asked tentatively, both Seungkwan and Hansol immediately blushing.

"What? Uh... No, we're just friends"

Hansol spoke up awkwardly, Seungkwan staring down at his hands.

"Yeah... friends"

Seungkwan whispered sadly, Hansol reaching for the older's hand, Seungkwan immediately smiling again.

"Anyway, we're gonna head back to the kitchen... Just suit yourself"

Hansol spoke, both him and Seungkwan leaving Jun to wonder just what he was supposed to do. He looked around him, instantly recognizing a few faces around the room.

He recognized Jeonghan, who had his back pressed against a wall, Seungcheol whispering something in his ear, making the younger giggle. Jun also saw Soonyoung dragging Jihoon to the dancefloor, the younger pouting and trying to escape from Soonyoung's grip. He saw Mingyu and Wonwoo making out in the sofa, a sight he'd become used to. He also spotted Seokmin Joshua and Chan playing beer pong, Seokmin already tipsy and leaning against the older of them. He tried to find somebody to talk to, but everyone seemed to already have someone. Everyone but him.

He'd usually be with Minghao, but that kiss had ruined everything completely. Jun sighed, heading towards the kitchen to get something to drink, immediately stopping in his tracks when he heard a familiar voice.

"Come on, we gotta get you home"

Minghao was talking to a very tipsy looking girl who was holding onto his arm for support.

"But I don't wannaaaaaa"

The girl pouted, leaning in to press a kiss to Minghao's lips, the boy smiling softly.

"Stay here, I'm gonna go get your friend"

Minghao said, sitting the girl down on a chair. He got out of the kitchen, Jun quickly walking away hoping Minghao hadn't seen him, but obviously, things didn't go as planned.

"Jun?"

He heard the younger speak up behind him. Jun stopped walking, knowing he couldn't avoid Minghao forever.

As the younger reached him he started asking questions.

"Where have you been? Why didn't you answer my texts? I was so worried Jun I-"

The older cut him off abruptly

"Can we do this somewhere else?"

Jun asked, his lip quivering from nerves. Minghao nodded softly, the both of them heading upstairs.

They entered the first empty bedroom they found, the both of them sitting next to each other on the bed, dangerously close. Jun noticed and moved a little, leaving some space between him and his friend, Minghao frowned.

"What has gotten into you?"

He asked worriedly, Jun hiding his face away from him.

"It's nothing... I'm fine Minghao"

Jun sighed, resting his forehead on his hands.

"Jun look at me"

The younger spoke softly, tearing Jun's hands away from his face. Jun immediately regretted looking up.

Minghao was wearing a tank top, his toned arms exposed. His black silky hair falling softly in his eyes, his lips a light shade of red.

Minghao also took his time to look at Jun, trying to decipher his emotions. He looked tentative, almost scared. His light brown hair messy, his chocolate eyes glistening as he looked at Minghao, his lips slightly parted. It was the first time Minghao had really appreciated how truly beautiful his friend was.

His eyes drifted back to Jun's lips, the older noticing it. Minghao placed his hand on Jun's nape, slowly leaning forward.

"No..."

Jun whispered once they were only inches apart, Minghao frowning.

"Jun it doesn't have to mean anything"

Minghao spoke up, Jun immediately getting up from the bed.

"Why are you even doing this Minghao?"

Jun asked, his voice shaking. Minghao had never seen Jun so hurt.

"I..."

The truth is Minghao didn't know. He didn't know why he was so attracted to Jun. He didn't know why he'd always feel like something was missing when he spent time with his girlfriend. He didn't know why he felt so vulnerable under Jun's piercing gaze.

"Goodbye Minghao"

Jun spoke, leaving the younger alone for the second time that week.

--
Heyoooooooo here's another update. I decided to split this chapter in two parts because otherwise it would've been too long. Anyway, have ya'll seen junhao's performance of my I? My wig flew to China I'm???????

Anyhow hope you have a great day eat a lotta carrots listen to seventeen and also vote and comment bye hoes ❤️❤️❤️❤️