Seven - First Love

Start from the beginning

Haneul was busy learning how to dance the traditional ballroom dance with Hoseok when Jimin returned back to the palace with a clouded mind. As he was passing by the built-in dance studio in the palace, he slowed down his footsteps when he heard the unmistakable laughter of Haneul emerging from the room.

He decided to peek at her through the transparent window on the door.

"Oppa, aren't I a good dancer?" Haneul laughed as she swayed step by step with Hoseok guiding her, their fingers intertwining together.

"Yes, but still not as good as me." Hoseok stuck out his tongue at him as he asked her to twirl away from him with a hand holding onto hers, making the hem of the dress she was wearing to twist in a beautiful manner.

"I'll be as good as you, I swear." Haneul gave him a determined look, and Hoseok nodded at her enthusiasm as he guided her back into their original position.

Just then, from the corner of his eyes, Hoseok noticed the Crown Prince glaring at them through the window with an icy gaze. A mischievous smirk etched on his face.

"Haneul-ah, you trust me right?" Hoseok glanced at the shorter girl as he spoke.

Nodding, Haneul spoke too. "Yeah, why?"

"Then trust me with this, okay?"

"What-"

Haneul wasn't even given enough time to finish her sentence as Hoseok had already pulled her closer, so close that their chests had collided with each other. Wrapping his arms around her, he grinned wickedly when he saw Jimin's eyes twitched.

"Oppa, what are you doing?" Haneul was confused by the sudden change of attitude of her friend.

"Wrap your arms around me, quick." Hoseok instructed, and depsite being slightly bewildered, she did what he had told her to do.

Hoseok's grin became wider when he saw how Jimin's face had turned red before storming away. Satisfied with the little prank he has played on his friend, Hoseok finally released Haneul from his arms and patted her head.

"What was that for?" Haneul furrowed her eyebrows at him.

"Jimin was watching us." Hoseok explained, and he cooed at how Haneul instantly blushed.

He remembered Seokjin mentioning that Jimin would always watch them interact with Haneul in silence, thinking they wouldn't notice his presence. The oldest had mentioned that when Haneul had accidentally cut her hand, he had noticed that Jimin was actually in the hallway, but hid himself when they were nearing him.

Hoseok remembered how he had snickered over Seokjin purposely treating Haneul's wound with extra care just to piss Jimin off.

"Jimin told me that he would be out with Youngji though." Haneul said softly, her mind replaying the conversation she had with Jimin this morning. "Why would he be back this early?"

After the dance lesson, Haneul was free to wander around the palace ground after changing into a comfortable tee shirt with a pair of shorts. As usual, her feet brought her towards the garden, and she felt her heart thump extra loudly against her ribcage when she noticed that she wasn't alone today.

Jimin was seen sitting on the bench she would usually sit, and his eyes were trained onto the ground, his hands intertwined together, as if he was in a deep thought.

From where she was standing, Haneul felt herself blush at how good looking he was. She would never admit that even till the day she died.

It was a deep deep sigh that had brought her back to reality, and Haneul didn't like how Jimin looked so troubled in the meantime.