Chapter 13: Feelings That Matter

Start from the beginning

A girl just asked me to go out with her on a date.  It wasn't any ordinary girl, it's the girl with spectacles.

Me just nervously staring at her wasn't helping. I mean, what else was I supposed to do? I tried hunting for the appropriate words which I could spit out, but none came to my mind.

I was. . . speechless?

A drop of sweat trickled down my forehead onto my tinted cheek as the tension between us grew. My nervousness was killing me unbelievably.

Oh, you know the times when you've gotta give a speech in front of the class and then you suddenly forget everything?

You desperately try to recollect, run through all the past lines you just said, plead your grey cells to help you; but while you are busy in this mental battle of yours, you end up forgetting that you are looking like a blank idiot who has remained silent since an eternity and the entire class is staring at you- deeply, waiting for you to continue but that just increases your level of anxiety to a whole new level.

That's exactly my case right now.

I want to and need to say something, but what?

A girl with prominent blush on her pale face had just confessed leaving me so lost.

Upon analyzing my face mixed with different emotions at the same time of being scared, nervous, shocked, embarrassed and Lenny face knows what; she let out a gasp as if she had just realised something, causing her blush to get darker.

"W-w-w-wait! Don't get the wrong idea!", she screeched as she waved her hands in front.

"We would just watch this movie! Nothing inappropriate for our age! We won't be doing 'stuff' ! ", she added as she pulled out two movie tickets, emphasising on the word 'stuff'.

I immediately let out a sigh of relief as my shoulders relaxed and my breathing and heart rate came back to normal in an instant as the redness on my face disappeared.

"Thank God it's just a movie!" I almost yelled out of happiness.

"Y-yeah" she responded with a nervous laugh.

"So. . . is it a 'yes'? Would you go out with me?" She asked with her voice getting softer as she looked down slightly playing with her fingers.

"Duh! How can I not? I legit thought that you asked me on a date.", I admitted as I crossed my arms followed by laughing at my stupidity.

"Well. . .actually I just d—"

"Why did you have a blush on your face if you didn't want to go on a date at first place? I almost got the wrong idea.", I say as I interrupt her.

The pinkness on her face had started to evaporate and was instead replaced by flashing anger in her eyes.

"Forget it! "she spat with slight frustration as she shoved the movie tickets in the pocket of her blaster and stared to stamp her way ahead.

I was so confused at this point. Why does this girl have the most abrupt mood swings?

"Are we even going for the movie?!", I yelled since she was far ahead of me and was practically running out of frustration or anger?

I don't know, she had her face stained with the deep shade of crimson, so probably she was embarrassed or angry? Or maybe both?

"Yeah! We are going you dense idiot!", she yelled back at me to which I responded by running towards her with a smile on my face, as I ignored the word 'dense'.