Chapter 7

Lizzie/Eliza's POV

I sat on the pavement outside, it was cold and raining, but I didn't care.

There was alcohol in the party, and lots of adults were getting pissed. Don't get me wrong, although I'm under 18, I am partial to the odd glass of red wine or a pint of Guinness. But drunk people, they freak me out. I'm also all for loud music, but when it's bad music I just can't take it.

I could feel the makeup dripping down my face with every droplet of rain. I could also feel my hair slowly falling out of its cute bun. I hugged my knees and sighed. I had had a great day, apart from the small bicker with Phil's mum. I just had to have a go at her for not telling Phil or Dad the truth.

I suddenly heard the hall door creak open and close again. Someone plonked themselves down next to me on the pavement. "You're getting wet out here." I recognised the voice, but couldn't put a name to it. I couldn't be bothered to turn my head and find out, because they would be gone in a minute, so I just shrugged at their statement. "Not your cup of tea in there?" I shook my head. "I usually like a good party, but they're not playing the best of music and the booze is disgusting." I finally looked at the voice. It was Phil's best man, Dan. "Shall we go somewhere a bit dryer?" I stared at him for a moment. Trying to figure him out. I sighed, agreed and followed him through the pouring rain. 

We walked in silence, listening to the music of the rain. We soon came across a large building, the rain was too heavy for me to read the sign. I followed Dan through the large doors. "Where the fuck are we?" I asked.

"Somewhere where wet people come to dry off." Dan simply replied. I wiped my face with my hand and yawned, it had been a long day, all I really wanted to do now was sleep. "Come on Eliza Doolittle, this way." I rolled my eyes at the stupid nickname and followed him.

We walked down corridor after corridor and through some big, heavy, wooden doors.

"Taadaa!" He announced.

In front of us covering the whole room, was a large, still swimming pool. I raised an eyebrow. "You're fucking kidding me."

"What's wrong, Miss Doolittle? Can't swim?" Dan threw off his tie, unbuttoned his shirt and took down his trousers. He jumped into the pool in only his boxers.

I leaned against the wall, watching him. "I'm not taking off my dress, and going swimming with you, if that's what you're thinking."

"Don't take off the dress then." He said simply.

"Dan, do you know how much this cost?" He rolled his eyes and splashed me with water. "You're such a dick."

"And you're fucking boring, get in here, Doolittle!" I took one look at him, and walked off to find the female changing rooms. 

Once I found it, I dried my hair, my dress, and attempted to make my face look presentable. "What do you do Elizabeth? Do you go and find Dan and make him take you back to the party? Do you try and find your way back on your own? Do you call Mum?" I questioned myself. I yawned again and sat on the bench. I thought about Dan for a minute. What was wrong with him? Why did Phil like him? He was clearly an absolute dickhead. Just in it for the sex, like most men.

I heard the changing room door swing open and Dan walked in, fully dressed.

"Sorry, Doolittle, the booze was getting to me."

"I thought you hadn't had any." I stated.

"No, I said it was disgusting. That doesn't mean I didn't down a few pints." I shrugged. He sat next to me.

"I have no idea how to get back to the party, by the way." I looked at him stunned.

"What?! You mean I'm stuck here, with you?" He nodded. I shut my eyes tight. I was lost in an unknown country, with a guy I was starting to dislike, a lot.

"Why don't you know who I am?" He asked.

"Excuse me?"

"I had a radio show with Phil, I made videos with Phil, I'm Phil's best friend and you don't know who I am. He is your brother and your idol." I thought about it for a moment. Why hadn't I ever stumbled across Dan before? I only got into the radio when I heard Phil's own show from my way home from school one day. And I never watched collab videos, I thought they were a bit cheesy.

I told Dan and he nodded, slightly hurt.

I yawned again and slowly my eyelids shut. I had no energy to keep them open, or sit up anymore. So I lay on the bench and fell fast asleep.