Psychologist

My boots create ripples in the puddles.

I walk the semi-busy sidewalk, trying to avoid slipping as some cyclists ride by me.

It's cold, so I'm wrapped up in my favorite winter clothes. I squint and look up at the snow quietly starting to fall.

It's funny how the sky can still be blindingly bright when the sun is behind a layer of storm clouds. 

I'm supposed to meet my new psychologist today. His name was Landon Brights? I think. 

I can't really remember. 

And I don't really care. 

I've preferred male psychologists only because they don't tend to question some of the things I say, whereas females just call me crazy and beyond help. Or that I don't deserve help.

It's been both.  

So I called up who they say is the best. 

I don't really have a certain condition. 

It's what you want to make of it. 

I stop at the crosswalk and press the button to cross. As I wait, a little boy is with his mom. He's tugging on her hand while she warns him not to go just yet. Suddenly, out of the blue, he asks his mother something that peaked my interest. "Momma, how did the dinosaurs die?" His mom sighs and replies with: "Nobody knows for sure, but they'll figure it out one day." 

I crouch down next to the boy and tap his shoulder. 

"Actually, it's supposedly an asteroid that took them out. But, some people, like me, believed that they were actually taken out and put in another reality. That the entire part of time where dinosaurs existed was erased and replaced with the idea of what we call evolution, which isn't proven. The only proof we have of dinosaurs is the skeletons that were left behind before they erased that part of time and space. It really would be a masterful plan if the future scientists can figure out time travel. If they have figured it out. It's quite interesting really." He  stares at me with a blank expression. Probably confused. 

I sighed. "Here, let me put it this way. The dinosaurs might have teleported and left in a flash because of a big plan to control the past." 

The mother gave me an uncomfortable look and pulled the boy closer to her, turning away from me. I stood up and put my hands in my jacket pockets and turn towards the busy street.

Odd.  I thought I explained it pretty clearly  to him. I guess they just don't understand the science or possible logic behind it. I thought to myself and resumed walking as the light has now turned green.  The cafe I'm heading to is named Jeval Cafe. Not too well known. It's a nice, quiet place. Organized. They play acoustic music there. 

The familiar sign comes into view and I brush off the snow on my shoulders before I walk in. 

I open up the door for a few people, only because I felt like the baristas might like me a little more if they see me helping. The baristas think I'm weird. I'm not so sure why.

I walk up to the counter and to get my usual. 

"I'd like a large lavender chocolate coffee. Hot, please..." I state as I ready my wallet in hand. "..Stacy." I read her name tag decorated with sparkly snowflakes. She looks at me from the cash register back to me. "Is something the matter?" I ask, looking around. She hesitates, "Well uhm,  I'm sorry, Miss...?"

"Andrea." Tossing my name loosely.  

"I'm sorry Miss Andrea, but we don't have that in stock today."