Chapter 1

The ages in the story:

Bumi (21)

Kya (18)

Izumi (17)

Tenzin (15)

Lin (14)

Suyin (8)

Hope you enjoy it :) (Needles to say ATLA and LOK don't belong to me)

oooooooooo  

"Stop your bellyaching and get in, I don't got all night!" Toph gave her two daughters a gentle push through the front door. Their arrival was expected, since Air Temple Island has been shaking for a minute and a half now, ever since the Beifong trio stepped off the boat. They were fighting about something again. As per usual, Katara thought, before deciding it wasn't nice of her. Sure, every family was different and unique in their own way, but she always had a hard time understanding this kind of love.

Katara and Kya were ready to receive their guests, but didn't really want to interrupt, so they both just stood by the door waiting for them to finish.

"I am not sleeping in the same room as her..." Su dropped her decent sized suitcase and refused to move until her mother acknowledged her.

"Like I want to be here..." Lin said and turned to her mother, "Why won't you let me go with you?! I can help. I can fight."

Katara straightened a painting that got chucked by the earth tremoring.

"When you work on your metalbending, then we'll talk. Get to the room and unpack! Both of you."

"But I said I'm not-" Su started.

"You can sleep in my room." Kya finally managed to get a word in.

"Thank you." Su ran and hugged her.

"Katara, you ready to go?" Toph wanted to get out of there as soon as possible.

"Can you do my hair like you did for my birthday?" Su asked Kya.

"Only if you do mine too."

"Suyin, don't bother Kya while you're here, she has more important things to do." Toph cut in.

"Oh, no, Aunt Toph, it's really no trouble at all." Kya smiled, "I always wanted a little sister. But all I got was Tenzin."

"Speaking off, Tenzin is in his room, you should go say hi, Lin." Katara suggested. But Lin wasn't done arguing with her mother yet.

"I don't understand why you brought me here... Kya is just a few years older than me and she is supposed to babysit me?"

"Actually, they got someone way cooler for the job." a man's voice came through the still open door.

"Bumi!" Kya ran toward her big brother and jumped to hug him. None of them had seen him for a few months, since his post in the United Forces army kept him pretty busy.

"How are you here?" she asked.

"Easy, Mom pulled a few strings. So I can look after you guys while she and Toph are gone."

"You said you'll just be gone for a few days, Mom. What's going on?" Kya knew her mother wouldn't bring Bumi or the Beifongs here if she wasn't planning on going on a lengthy mission.

"Nothing, sweetie. Dad just asked for a little backup on a mission. It won't take long." Luckily for Katara, the only person that could tell she was lying was Toph.