11. Learning

"Can I ask you a personal question, Dani?" He asks after they get into the car and start driving.

"Sure, go ahead." She says, looking over at him briefly then back at the road.

"What did CyberLife do to you?"

~~~

"That's something that I can't answer yet. Sorry, Connor." She responds trying to keep tears out of her eyes so she could focus on the road. She paused and looked over.

"I'm surprised they never told you. It seems like that would've been an important part to help you investigate." She says. "I'm going to tell the world soon. So you'll know soon enough."

Connor looks away from Dani and towards the road as they pull up to the store.

"I'll be right back. Give me five minutes." Dani says as she exits the car and walks into the store leaving Connor alone. 

Connor couldn't wrap his head around on why Dani wouldn't tell him. According to his research, they were good friends. 

When Dani came back out, she had a candy bar and some toilet paper in her hands. She got back into the car and sighed. 

"Could you drive?" She asked and looked towards Connor who nodded. They switched sides and Connor started driving back towards her house. 

"Was it programmed into you, or did you learn how?" She asks. 

"Learn what exactly?" He inquires, wondering what Dani is talking about. 

"How to drive." She opened her candy and took a bite out of it, humming as she chewed. 

"It's programmed into every android. That's how you know how to drive." He confirmed.

"No, you have it wrong. I actually learned how to drive. Take it, it wasn't with the help of my parents but I learned." She smiled slightly. 

"We don't have parents. We're made, not born." He replies, looking ahead at the road.

"Right. I must've forgotten." Dani sighs and puts her candy bar in one of the cup holders, saving it for later as they pulled back up in her driveway. 

They get out of the car and walk inside. Dani goes to the bathroom door and opens it just enough to throw the tissue in. 

"Thank you!" Maddie yelled out which made Ace and Dani chuckle. 

Connor and Dani joined Ace in the living room. 

"What is this?" Dani asked Ace as she looked at the flashing television. 

"It's like a documentary. It's about the revolution that happened. You remember that?" He asks. 

"Yeah. I would watch the news all the time." She responded and let out a little laugh. "I always knew androids were alive. That they would want to be they're own people."

"You always talk as if you aren't one yourself." Connor comments.

"Guess that's just the way I am." She says as Connor pops up onto the screen. 

"Hey isn't that-" Ace starts. 

"Thanks to this android here, humanity still had a chance. It helped eliminate the leaders of the revolution which eventually lead to a disbanding of the revolution itself. Now, CyberLife is going to start making more RK800's to help with deviant investigations so that it's not only the Detroit Police Department that has it but every police department around." The voiceover says. 

"You were that android that everyone was talking about?" Dani asks, not being able to remember who Connor was. 

"Yes." He confirmed. "I thought you said you watched the news?"

"I...I did. I just can't.... remember." She got up and went into the kitchen. 

"You don't remember a lot of stuff, do you?" Ace asks. 

"I guess deviance can do that to you." She jokes trying to lighten the mood as well as the aching feeling she has knowing that she is still losing her memory.

Connor gets up and walks into the kitchen as well, noticing her posture, figuring something was wrong.

"Is everything okay Dani?" He asks. 

"Yeah, Connor. I'm fine." She clears her throat and turns towards him. 

"Would you like to go somewhere to get your mind off of things?" He asks. He realized a while ago that he had to use human techniques to get closer to Dani. That's what she responds best to. He could never call her 'it' around her otherwise, it would push her farther away. 

"Just us?" She asks. 

"Yes. Would you like to go tonight?" He confirms. 

"Like.... a date?" She laughs a little, confused at Connor's actions. 

"A date?" He asks. 

"Do you know what a date is?" She asks. 

"Not particularly. I was only programmed with advanced negotiation and interrogation techniques." He replies.

"Well, then you have a lot to learn, Connor." She smiles and pats his shoulder. 

~~~

A/N

OKAY, I AM REALLY REALLY SORRYYYY!!!!! I have been having some internet problems so I haven't been able to update. And also this chapter is very short and I'm sorry. My material right now is low. These are basically just filler chapters until we get to the intensity of the story. Or as it's called, the climax of the story. So I'm sorry about that. 

Fun Fact: I am officially fifteen years of age!

QotD: How old are all of you? (If you don't mind me asking)