6. New Friends

She smiled at the outcome and looked at her new face and features. She was shorter, about six inches shorter. She wasn't too happy about losing her actual body... she felt as if she died and was born again as something else... an android. But at the same time, she liked the way she looked.

She heard something from downstairs, the door opening then closing. Then hearing multiple footsteps walk around the house. She ran to the bathroom door and locked it then hid in the bathtub, bolding the scissors close to her as her defense. 

~~~

She heard footsteps coming up the stairs, two pairs of them. 

"Is there anyone here?" A girl asked.

"I'm checking." A guy responded and tried to open the door in which Danielle was behind. "It's locked."

He looked at the door then around the hall for some sort of key until he realized there wasn't one. 

"Jem, can you open this door?" The girl called out to downstairs. 

Danielle heard heavy footsteps come up the stairs and walk towards the door. She heard banging on the door and got scared as she hid inside the tub, ducking for cover.

The door flew open and two people walked in, examining the room. 

"There was a deviant here." A new voice said, deep and low. 

Danielle pops up out of the bathtub and points her scissors towards the two people who she soon realizes are androids, due to their scars that are laced in blue blood. 

"Make that still here." The built one says. 

"Look we aren't here to hurt you, we just need a place to stay." The other one says. "My name is Ace, this is Jem, and she's Maddie." He says as he points to the girl standing outside the door. 

"You guys are deviants?" Danielle asks them. 

"She's human. But she's with us and we are deviants as well." Ace responds. 

"Aye, what's with the purple?" Jem asks, pointing to Danielle's purple blood that was smeared across the sink and on her hands, elbow, and face. 

"Paint." She said while climbing out of the bathtub. "I used to work for a painter."

"I wouldn't call it working." Ace says as he nods his head towards Danielle. "Your name?"

"Daniel.... Dani." She responded. She didn't really feel like she should have that title anymore, she wasn't Danielle Sterlings anymore. 

"Nice to meet you, Dani." The girl finally steps into the bathroom and smiles at Dani. She had a toffee skin tone with long, naturally curly hair that went with her big brown eyes and light freckles. 

"You don't happen to have any food here, do you? She hasn't eaten in a couple days." Ace says, pointing to Maddie.

"I just got here myself, just about a half an hour before you guys. Sorry." Dani responds sadly. She sets the scissors on the sink and sighs. "I can see if I can find anything though, I'm hungry myself."

"You can eat? What model are you?" Ace questions. 

"Oh uh, I'm an HN500..." She responds.

"I've never heard of that model." Jem comments. 

"Yeah, I'm new. Let's go to the kitchen then." Danielle changes the topic and pushes past them, going downstairs, they follow. 

~~~

Connor opened his eyes to see Amanda standing across the garden. He calmly walked over to her, his LED still the silent blue color. 

"Connor, I'm not pleased." She says, her voice stern.