30

Jack's Pov
I woke with Gabriela in my arms, Soon i got up slowly and walked to the kitchen. Stefanie,Sydnie,and my mom where talking.
"Hey" I said sleepily.
"Good Morning" Sydnie and my mom said in sync. Stefanie just smiled. Sydnie gave me a weird look I just shook my head. There was an awkward silence as I sat down next to Stefanie.
"How'd you sleep?" My mom asked both Stefanie and I. Good but I woke up with the wrong girl in my arms.
"Good" I answered.
"Okay" Stefanie answered quietly.
"You okay Stefanie?"Sydnie asked. Stefanie gave her a look and Syd nodded. Once again the room fell silent.
"Okay whats up with you two?" Sydnie questioned.
"Nothing." I said quietly- Stefanie didn't even bother to answer.
"Doesn't look like nothing,by now you guys would be arguing or being all cute- but it's not happening" Sydnie shrugged.
"I don't feel well, I'm gonna go to my room" Stefanie said before getting up and walking out.
"What did you do?" My mom questioned.
"I.. i yelled at her." I answered putting my head down.
"Jack! What did you do to my baby-" Sydnie was was cut off.
"Good morning" Gabriela said as she walked in.
"Morning" I answered. Eventually Isla and Ava woke up and ate. Stefanie walked back out changed. She looked absolutely flawless. She wore a white cropped long sleeve shirt, grey sweatpants, and her hair was pulled up into a ponytail.
"I'm gonna go on a walk for a bit." She said before walking out.
"Is she okay?" Isla questioned.
"I don't know." I answered. "Can I go check on her? I know somethings wrong with her" I asked mainly to Gabriela. She nodded and got up walking out. I walked towards her. Eventually she stopped at an old, empty skate park.
"Stefanie?" She jumped slightly before looking up at me.
"Hmm" She hummed.
"Are you okay?" I asked.
"Mhm"
"I know you're not."
"Then why'd you ask?"
"Stefanie. Look at me" her eyes met mine. "Why?" I asked.
"Why what?"
"Why do you keep running from me?"
"Why do you think"
"Stefanie Im sorry"
"I..." she put her head down. "Im just so messed up Jack"
"What do you mean?" I asked sitting next to her.
"I want to tell you so bad. I feel like we've faded and it's all because I can't tell you." I sighed. "I've needed you my whole life-I still do, and it's so hard not to tell you because I need you in order to get better."she rambled.
"Baby what is it?" She looked up at me with tears in her eyes.
"I..." she coughed. "The day you... the day you called me last year and basically broke up with me,I couldn't get my mind of it so I went out for a drive like always." She stopped as more tears came pouring from her eyes. "That night a drunk driver was on the road." At this point o felt like i new what was coming- and I didn't want to be right. "And he- he hit me. I was hospitalized for over a week" she cried- I was right. "And that messed me up so bad Jack. I almost died that day, and you where mad at me, I can't handle it" my heart broke. I messed her up. I broke her. I lost her.
"Im so sorry" i cried finally letting the tears out.
"Don't be. I should've told you. I-" I sat next to her and pulled her onto my lap.
"I could've been the reason why I lost the love of my life" i said holding onto her not wanting to let go. I cried not wanting to come terms with what I just heard. "What did the crash do?"
"I... ."
"Please..." she nodded without saying anything, She pulled the collar of her shirt showing a scar. I flinched slightly. I opened my mouth to say something But she continued. There was another scar going down her shoulder.
"Stefanie..." she put her hands on my face.
"This one is the worst. So please don't treat me differently I'm still your Stefanie." She told me, I nodded. She lifted her shirt to show me a big scar on her right side.
"Oh my God..." I cried. I stood up and walked away from her not wanting to to see more. She ran to me and embraced me in a hug. My hand landed on the small of her back. I felt small lines. More scars? I turned her around and lifted her shirt slightly so I could see her back, she had a few small scars, not as scary as the others. I ran my fingers over them feeling each one. She turned around and faced me.
"I'm sorry." She whispered. Once again I was speechless all I could do was cry. I pulled her into my chest and held her tightly. We walked back to the bench where she sat on my lap hugging me. I never wanted to let her go. I don't want anyone or anything to hurt her again.
"Who knows?" I asked as we pulled apart.
"Your family, my family, Noe, and Daniel" she whispered.
"So everyone?"
"Not the rest of the boys"
"How does Daniel know?"
"He walked in on accident when I was changing once and saw my scars." I put my head down. "I'm so sorry princess" I cried. She cried into my chest.
"I've been so broken. At times I can't sleep- or i get nightmares from that night- or anxiety attacks. I just don't feel like myself Jack. But when I'm with you it's so different I'm happy. I'm myself again." She cupped my face. "Thank you for putting part of me back together - but now I need you to help me fix what's left."
"I will. Thats a promise." I cupped her face, her eyes flickered to my lips as my eyes watch hers, the lips I crave so much. We began to lean in not caring about the tears in our faces, then we both stopped. We can't do this to Gabriela. "We should get back" she whispered.
"I know that one day you'll be mine- and we won't have to stop ourselves from wanting each other. I swear to you and myself that once you're mine I will kiss you everyday." I whispered.
"I love you"
"I love you more princess" we walked out of the abandoned skate park hand in hand and Ubered home. We stayed in a comfortable silence. We where about to walk in as she unclasped our hands. Once we walked inside we saw Daniel, Zach, and Jonah where on the couch. They saw or tear stained faces and began to panic. Zach and Jonah asked me questions as Stefanie sat next to Daniel.
"He knows." She said to him. He smiled softly and hugged her. I wanted nothing but to pull them apart and take her into my arms.
"What's wrong?" Zach and Jonah asked from the couch. I looked at Stefanie and she nodded. I sat on one side of stefanie with Daniel on the other side.
She explained to them what happened as tears threaten to spill out there eyes. Her eyes already had tears falling from them. ( She left out why she went on a drive. )
"So you're saying... I could have lost you before I even met you." Zach said finally letting the tears fall. Jonah did the same looking down.
"Y-yea" Stefanie hiccuped. We all hugged and Stefanie wiped the tears from her face. She looked at me and smiled and then at Daniel who was crying even though he looked mad. She wiped  his tears and said something to him. Jonah and Zach hiccuped.
"Don't worry guys. I'm here. I'm alive. I'm okay" she hugged them both and kissed there cheeks.
"Can I talk to you alone for a minute?" Daniel asked her. She nodded and he pulled her out onto the balcony.

3rd person POV
Daniel took Stefanie outside and hugged her
immediately.
"I love you so much"
"I love you too"
"I'm sorry if I was ever mean to you. I could've lost an angel before I had even met her- you're like my sister and I hate that this happened to you."
"I'm better now" she smiled. "Don't worry Dani." She put her hand on his cheek and wiped the tears away with her thumb. "Don't cry"
"How can i not?" He asked. She shrugged putting her other hand on his cheek. Because she was on her tippy toes he put his hands around her waist making sure she wouldn't  loose her balance and fall. They both looked into each other eyes and realized how much they need each other to stay sane. He needed (another) little sister to keep him grounded and happy. When she needed (another) protective brother who would keep her safe when the others couldn't.
"Thank you brotha" she smiled.
"There's the Stefanie I love" he smiled. "And no problem sis" although they where like family when Jack walked by it looked different to him. He saw a boy and a girl in love. What he saw was different from what the felt. Daniel leaned down to kiss her cheek but Jack thought he was going to kiss her lips. He let out another tear before walking away not wanting to see what he thought would happened next. Daniel kissed her cheek.  Jack was wrong, and hurt- the exact feeling he had the last time he hurt Stefanie.
And as they say. History repeated it self.

A/n Just so you know this isn't the final chapter- but I hope you like it!