4

They next day had finally come.
Stefanie woke up early, remembering she had plans with Sydnie.
Stefanie quickly showered and got ready.
As she walked down the stairs she called out to Damian and Shawn .
"DAMIAN AND SHAWN IM GOING TO SYDNIES!"
"Have Fun love you be careful- -And don't let jack speak to you. "Damian quickly ran past her running to his car.
"Okay Bye. Love you,be carful. " Shawn yelled from his room.
She walked slowly down the street before running into her second home and yelling, "SYDNIE HONEY IM HOMEEEEEE"
She looked over and saw Jack.
She felt as though her heart dropped.
"STEFANIE YOURE LATE" Sydnie ended the staring contest and took Stefanie into her arms.
"What? No I'm not, and plus we where just going to the mall." She said hugging her back tightly.
"Yeah I know but I wanted to get breakfast again" Sydnie wined.
"Oh. SORRYYYY. Anyway where is everyone else?" Stefanie asked running up to Sydnie's room.
"They went to get some groceries."
"Oh cool. Are you almost done getting ready?"
"Yeah just gotta change my shoes" Sydnie gestured to her white slippers on her feet.
"and you say I was running late. You aren't even ready" Stefanie squinted at her, as she tugged a piece of her curly hair b
"I hate you curly fry " Sydnie said but then quickly realized what she said. "I-I'm so sorry"
Curly fry, two words that held so many memories.
It was cliche to say the least.
Jack was her "curly fry", and she was his.
"It's okay. Let's just hurry up and go"
Stefanie gave her a sad smiled.
"Okay" Sydnie tied her black and white converse but didn't stand up.
"Are you okay?"
She blurted.
"Yeah. Why?"
"You know why"
"Yeah I guess I'm okay."
"No your not. I've known you since you where 2 years old,I know youre lying."
"Well what do you want me to say?" Stefanies voice broke as she spoke quietly.
"Talk to me as if I was jack."
"Sydnie"
"What? He hurt you. I just want to know how you feel. You haven't acted the same."
"Sydnie, what do you want me to say? 'Hey Jack It's Stefanie. I loved you a lot, but you simply decided I that I wasn't good enough to be in your life, no I have to live with that. I wasn't good enough for you and I have to live with that. I truly loved you but you're a prick, you don't care about me you care about yourself. ' " Stefanie took a deep breath.
No matter how good it felt to simply say what she felt, it was new to her.
It was almost foreign.
Her emotions consumed her as she felt a tear slip down her warm cheek. More tears began trailing out of her eyes.
Then a sound came from Sydnie's door.
Jack.
He was here listening the whole time.
"Stef-" he started talking.
She stood.
She couldn't handle it.
"I'm sorry, I...I should just go."
Her feet brought her forward, as Jack's hand stopped her.
"Jack. Just let me leave"
"No. I can't. I'm sorry.  " she wiggles out of his grip.
"Yes,you can. Don't be sorry now Jack, you had three months to change it but you didn't so just let me leave." She didn't bother to listen to him, running down the stairs and to her home.