New Relationships

Start from the beginning

It was pitch black outside and no one was awake by now. Chikako made her way to the border of the village hidden in the leaves. The two guard were asleep making it easier for Chikako to slip past the gates. She jumped through the trees until she made it a far enough distance from Sasuke. With a small sigh, she then inhaled deeply and allowed the melody to leave her lips. 

I tried to walk together
But the night was growing dark
I thought you were beside me
But I reached and you were gone

Sometimes I hear you calling from some lost and distant shore
I hear you crying softly for the way it was before

Where are you now?
Are you lost?
Will I find you again?
Are you alone?
Are you afraid?
Are you searching for me?
Why did you go?
I had to stay. Now I'm reaching for you, will you wait?
Will you wait?
Will I see you again?

You took it when you left
Theses scars are just a trace
Now it wanders lost and wounded
This heart that I misplaced.

Where are you now?
Are you lost?
Will I find you again?
Are you alone?
Are you afraid?
Are you searching for me?
Why did you go?
I had to stay. Now I'm reaching for you, will you wait?
Will you wait?
Will I see you again?

Oh ah~ oh ah~ oh ah~oh ah

It was the same song she sang at the inn before. Sasuke heard it and his blood urged him to follow the sound. She was now doing the same for Itachi.

Chikako waited in her spot for Itachi to appear. He was a lot more sensitive to her song due to the connection they shared. He couldn't help but come running every time she sang it. Even if he couldn't necessarily hear it. Itachi once told her that it feels like his blood speeds up and the song takes over his senses. He was convinced it was genjutsu at first.

It took an hour or two for Itachi to appear in front of her. She took off her veil and bowed on one knee.

"Hello master" Chikako greeted.

"What do you need Chikako? I have a mission tomorrow" Itachi tried to sound a bit annoyed, but his voice came off as soft.

"I can make Sasuke stronger, but I need to remove Orochimaru's curse mark. I would like your permission to remove it" Chikako asked, still kneeling.

"Why? What would you tell those in the village?" He asked. Chikako narrows her eyes. She needed to be careful with how she worded this. If she says this wrong she could lose her masters trust, or her life.

"Sasuke will gain much more power if he learns to trust in others. I cannot say he will rely on them, but he needs comrades to make him stronger not hate" Chikako paused to try and gauge her masters feelings on the matter. He stayed silent, so Chikako continued.

"As for what I will tell them, I'll lie for you. I'll tell them that I encountered Orochimaru after he left the Akatsuki. Ill say he bit a ninja and I healed him" Chikako finished. She emphasized her words. She didn't want to guilt him into answering, but it was the best way to get this through his head.

"That won't explain how you know how to remove the mark" Itachi hissed. Chikako flinched. The male rarely took that tone with her. He knew it spooked her.

"I can say I tortured it out of him"

"Then they'll torture you for more information on him!" Itachi raised his voice. For all of Chikako's power and strength she was nervous. Itachi was someone who took care of her when she was younger. She was stronger than him and they both knew it, but they also both knew she would never hurt him. The same couldn't be said of Itachi.