Ch.29

Five months later

It's been couple months since the incident and things have been going grate. Jada has started to walk and talk and Me and Mike are so excited and proud, but also it's been a hassle getting her to stay put and to stay away from things in the house. 

Today we're going to the park to have a family picnic and to say I'm happy about going would be a lie. I don't know why we couldn't just go to a restaurant or just eat indoors but mike wanted to have a picnic like his family use to have and him and Jada loved the park for some reason so I said ok.

Mike: Babe are you girls almost ready I'm starving.

Chris: Mike shut the hell up and put the food and things in the car and stop trying to be so funny.

Mike: Ok, I'll be in the car then.

Chris: Thank you.

We finally arrive to the park and it's hot as hell outside but I'll just have to deal with it.

Mike places the food down on the table as I wait holding Jada who can't seem to keep still.

Mike: Ok everything's ready now all we have to do is eat I guess.

We sit down and i fix me and Jadas food and as we sit and eat I asked mike a question that's been on my mind.

Chris: So Mike what  were your parents like?

Mike: They were super fun and easy to talk to. We really were the best of friends and we did everything together. I really miss them. But I know they in a better place.

Chris: That's true I'm proud of you for looking at it that way because I was a mess when my mom died, it really took me years to get over that.

After that it was really quiet but it was a good kind of quiet. I'm starting to think this picnic is just what I needed.

Mike: Chris you are really a blessing you know that?

Chris: Nigga you so mushy, but continue.

Mike: I'm serious Chris you are one of the best things that's ever happened to me cause when I first asked you out I thought you wouldn't say yes but when you did say yes I was so relived and happy about it. Then you got pregnant and that took me by surprise I'm not gonna lie but it was all worth it because you gave me a beautiful baby girl and even though our last baby didn't make it we're still going strong and we're still in love with each other. I know I mess up a lot and I get on your nerves but I really love you.

Chris: Mike your so sweet, I love you too.

I thought he was done with his little speech but then he reached into the basket and pulled out a small box. I was confused as hell at this point so I just sat there and looked at him. Then he walked over to my side of the table and gets down on one knee.

Mike: Chris baby we have been through so much together and I'm so proud of how far we have come not only as a couple but also as individuals. We've made this beautiful family together and I just wanna be with you for the rest of my life so what I'm trying to say is, Chris will you marry me?

People started staring waiting for my answer and I was completely caught off guard with his question. I really was shocked.

Mike: So baby what's it gonna be? Are you gonna be with me forever or not.

Chris: Yes, yes I'll marry you Mike.

Everyone around us started to clap which made Jada clap even though she has no clue on what was going on.

I didn't expect anything like this today and I'm so happy. Now all I have to do is tell my dad and brother the news. I'm sure they'll be excited for me also.