Chapter 31

I really appreciate James way of comforting me. We are lying in the bed now, facing each other without saying any word.

He was staring at me like I'm staring at the depth of his eyes. His expression was warming my soul that I don't want to blink. I wanted to stop the time, and stay like this forever.

It maybe quiet, but his presence is enough for me not to be lonely. I frowned at the last word, remembering the days left that he will be with me. What would be my life without him again?

I was stuck at that thought until his warm breath fanned my face and snapped me back to reality. He slowly reached for my head, and his face is now an inch away from mine. It was a new sensation to me, there was a sudden fire inside my body willing to burn that unknown desire.

"I will kiss you if you kept on frowning." He murmured right in front of my face.

A warning that kindle the fire of my body. I tried to move not sure about my action and he stopped me.

"No, don't Liliane. It will be dangerous. Let's stay this way." I was flabbergasted. How can he control himself of the situation? And then, I was embarrassed of myself.

Good god, I want to punch this man.

"Good night." He said softly as he lulled himself to sleep.

-

"Good morning!" Nathasha's greeting was cheerful as usual.

"James, where did you sleep last night?" She asked making my face to blush in an instant. I stood up and get a glass of water before she will notice my face but Natasha was fast to notice it.

James on the other hand was just quiet.

"Lily, the water is in front of you already" She chuckled. She meant to tease me today.

"I... like cold water."

"To calm down your burning ears?" She teased.

"Nathasha, stop teasing her. What's wrong if I sleep in her room last night?" James announced.

"James!" I shouted.

"What did you just say? You guys are fast!"

"Nathasha, it's not what you think." I took my seat again beside her and stared at her.

"I know, " she gagged and whispered, "James is gentleman to do it right away."

"Nathasha, I can hear you." James said seriously, not looking at my face.

"Finally, the time has come. So, where is your date today?" Nathasha inquired .

I was excited of the thought, but I promised Mira to help her with the conclusion of her thesis. Drake, her thesis partner is of no good.

"I can't. I promised Mira to help her today." I answered and before Nathasha can talk again, James spoke.

"I'll drive you, then. Your school is more important right now. We can have our date any time, and Natasha, can you leave those things to me? Its inapproriate, I'm here right in front you." James said in a good way.

"Alright, I get it. I'm no longer needed here." Natasha sulked.

"That's not what I mean, Natty."

"I know, James. I'm just happy for the both of you that I just push things without consideration."

"And you hate to admit that you are embarrassed." James teased.

"Alright, I'm sorry! Happy, now? Hmmm... It would be better to leave the two of you!" Nathasha said as she was done with her breakfast.

I would surely miss their banters.

"Hey, I love that smile." James said to me.

"I'm just amazed to both of you. There is no day that the two of you will not fight with each other." I said.

"You are very right. So, what time are we leaving?"

"In an hour. Will it be okay to you driving me around?"

"Of course, and you don't need to ask those things. You can have all my time if you want." James said and winked.

"And, Lily, I would like to talk with Drake." He said.

"Why?" Did he know our history?

"You don't have to worry. It is a good talk between men." James said which really worry me all the more.

- - -