Chapter 12

James PoV

I felt bad about what I did last night but I just can't face Lily. I can't bear to see her with someone else.

She's wiping the cabinet for too long that I wanted to go out already and talk to her.

I decided then to go out but she was busy with her phone. After reading some text, she hurriedly gets out from the house. I wondered who it was making Lily to almost jump on her feet.

Filling my curiosity, I go to the balcony and check.

It is the curiosity that kills my heart. It was Drake on the phone. Lily immediately dragged him away the moment she opened the gate.

She seems very eager to see him and that's enough to affect me.

Drake's words replayed in my head over and over the whole night, making me sleepless. That man is lucky to have Lily and I'm jealous to death.

I did not touch the food Lily prepared last night and so as the breakfast. I went back to my room and had some sleep.

× × ×

It was late afternoon when I wake up by the constant beeping of my phone.

Jameees!

Answer my damn call!!!

It will be your fault if I'll be lost in this place.

Okay, no need to fetch me. I'll find the mansion.

You better have foods, many foods!

The last text from Natasha sent me straight to the kitchen.

I was busy cooking and is facing the stove when I heard footsteps, must be Natasha.

Just in time.

"How did you get in? Why do you follow me here?" I asked, then face Natasha.

"James." But it was Lily with a curious face.

And my bubbly cousin just came in.

"Wow! Is that food?" Natasha's way of greeting.

She then placed her suitcase on the floor and run towards the food not seeing me and Lily in the way.

"Oh, James. These foods are my favorites!" She exclaimed.

"Oh, hi! You must be Lily!" She now then realized Lily's presence.

"Hello," Lily replied unsurely.

"Girl, I know a lot about you!" Natasha said surprising Lily.

This will be bad, I must be quick.

"Natasha, why don't we settle your things first?" I suggested.

There is no way she can just blab everything.

"Lily, can you finish those, please?" I asked.

I need to warn Natasha first.

"Wait! How about my food?" She complained.

"Later." And I drag her away from Lily and to her favorite food.

× × ×

"What was that?" Natasha's huffed on my bed with annoyance.

"Why did you follow me here?" I asked instead of answering his question.

"I want my food first! Can't you see I'm hungry?" She said in an immature manner.

"Okay, but please control your mouth in front of Lily," I said.

"Why?"

"She is with someone else." My answer.

"I thought you are here to win her? What happened? Are you sure about that?"

"I think so. I did not really ask her, so will you please behave? She doesn't know anything and I hadn't told her yet. "

"That's bad." Her reply.

"So, I ask you favor to..." And she cut my sentence.

"Oh my cousin, that's what I came for." Her only statement as she goes out, leaving me alone.

I then follow her into the kitchen.

× × ×

"Thanks, Lily for the effort!" Natasha said happily.

"By the way, I would like to formally introduce myself to you. I'm Natasha Blake, James friend and..." She said the last words in a whisper, to Lily's ear.

She even used her middle name instead of Gonzales. I already know she is cooking for something.

Her whispers seem affecting Lily, I can see she was faking her smile towards Natasha.

"James, why don't we have our early dinner? And Lily, you can join us too." Natasha said then took her seat excitedly.

"Thank you for the invite but there's something I really need to do in my room." Lily declined.

"That's too bad. James cooked all of this and I can't have them all, even if I looove them!" Natasha said overly.

"Natasha, just let her. We can leave some for Lily." I butted in.

"Yeah." Lily replied, "And if you don't mind, I leave the two of you now."

She left us without looking back and Natasha laughed at that.

"What was that?" I asked.

"James, can't you see it? Lily is affected!"

"I guess, you already started your plan." I deadpanned as I take my first bite.

"Just don't tell her that I'm your cousin." She simply said.

"What and why?"

"It's obvious, my gosh!" She said and never speaks again as she busied herself with the food like a hungry beast.

- - -