Chapter 30

Lily PoV

I was right, the letters are in the frame. A big, picture frame of me that was a gift from my mother.

"Liliane, take good care of this one." My mother said in the past.

"You bring this one with you no matter what, okay?" She said with a smile.

"Of course, mom! This is me." I said as I eyed myself on the canvass.

"Just make sure, Liliane."

"I will, this is a very important piece, mom."

"Yes, it is." She said softly.

"Thank you, mom!" And I hugged her tight. Later did I know the importance she was talking about.

What really caught my eyes is the familiar paper, a letter from my mother.

- - - - - - -

My Liliane,

I'm truly happy you found this letter. I  hope it's not too soon nor too late but just about time. A time, wherein you are already big enough to decide things on your own, on what's good or not.

This is not the only letter as you can see now. You were probably looking for James' letter and I'm sorry for not telling you about it.

I really thought you have forgotten him until I heard one of your dreams.
I may have regretted my choice but I chose to stand on it until the last moment even if I saw you struggling. I somehow wanted to change it.

I'm sorry for not trusting you, you were young and I'm afraid you will end up like me without someone because I choose not to, I cannot love another man aside from your father.

We are much alike Liliane and I hope you found the one that will really be in your side, until you grow old.

I maybe not seeing James for years now, but I know what he is like. He has a nice family, a kind one and I'm very sure he is a fine gentleman. Tell him that I'm sorry for reading his cute letters for you and now that you are no longer young, both of you. I might approve of what he wants, as long as he no longer hides in the curtain ;)

This is not a farewell letter, you better not cry my sweetheart! I love you and always remember that I always want what's the best for you.

-Mom Lynda

- - - - - - -

Of course, my mom can't stop me from crying because I really miss her. I was reading the letter, but it seems she was talking to me in person. The warmth when she talks to me radiates from that piece of paper.

I maybe sobbing that I forget someone is on my bed sleeping. It's already one in the morning, I can't sleep knowing James is there with me, on the same bed.

"Lily?" James asked me in surprise seeing me in the dark.

"What are you doing there? Are you okay?" He asked as he gets up from my bed.

"What time is it? Did I discomfort you?" He finally held me between his arms.

"I did not know my presence will cause you to this mess." He said making me laugh between sobs.

"Stop it James! I just missed my mother." I said.

"Oh, what a crybaby then." He teased, and I free myself from his hug.

"I'm just kidding. Come here, I can be your mother at the moment." James said as he hug me tighter this time.

I'm wishing at the moment that James is already the one, that will stay in my side.

- - -