A Nalu Wedding: Part B

Natsu's eyes shot open as soon as his alarm went off. The wedding is in a few hours. He suddenly felt like throwing up. He stared at the ceiling for several minutes, thinking about what the day would bring. He and Lucy would be married in just a few hours. Lucy is going to be Lucy Dragneel. He couldn't stop the smile that stretched across his face at that thought. Lucy would have his last name, and they would start living together. Just like a family.

“You look creepy like that,” Happy snickered, startling Natsu. He hadn't realized Happy had woken up.

“You keep saying that,” Natsu told him, getting out of bed and throwing on some clean clothes.

“It's because you keep making that creepy face,” Happy said.

“I wasn't making any face,” Natsu shrugged.

“Yes you were. I bet you were thinking about your honeymoon.” Happy snickered again, wiggling his eyebrows.

“I-I was not!” Natsu snapped, feeling heat creep up his neck. Actually, he hadn't thought about it all that much. Now that he was, the feeling to throw up was even stronger. He and Lucy had had sex before, sure, but it wasn't on their honeymoon.

Let's face it, that's what the honeymoon is all about. Just the two of us...alone...for an entire week...

“You're making that face again,” Happy giggled.

Natsu cleared his throat as he tried to shake thoughts of Lucy in all different sorts of lingerie out of his mind. The task was easier said than done.

“I'm heading out for a while,” Natsu told the still smirking blue Exceed.

“We have to meet the others at Fairy Tail in one hour,” Happy called after him as he walked out the door, “don't forget!”

“I'll be there!” He said, waving. First I want to check on Lucy.

It didn't take him long to reach Lucy's apartment. He arrived just as Lucy was coming through the door, so he quickly hid himself. She'll be mad if she sees me. She had made it clear that she didn't want to see him until the wedding, so he was careful to stay back and remain out of sight.

Natsu followed her as she walked on the ledge beside the river. Her spirits seemed much brighter than they had the evening before, so he let out a relieved breath. Whatever had been worrying her before wasn't anymore.

As he was about to head to Fairy Tail, he noticed Lucy take a piece of paper out of her pocket. She grinned happily to herself as she read quietly what was written on the paper. Curious, Natsu crept closer so that he might hear her.

He frowned when she put the piece of paper in the back pocket of her jean skirt before he could hear any of what she had been reading. Maybe I could sneak close enough to grab it, quickly read it, then put it back. Grinning at his brilliant plan, Natsu crept up behind Lucy. Slowly, he reached for the paper sticking slightly out of her pocket. Just as he pulled it out, Lucy spun around, bringing her leg with her.

“What do you think you're doing, creep?!” She shouted as her foot met Natsu's face. “Natsu?” She gasped, realizing who it was as he fell back.

“Why'd you kick me?!” He asked, clutching his jaw. Great. Now it will be all swelled.

“I thought you were a creep,” she sighed, “sorry.”

“It's alright,” he chuckled, getting to his feet.

His laugh cut off abruptly when she frowned and crossed her arms. “What are you doing here, Natsu?”