ON WATTPAD: New Clubs, Search Bar and Other Things

Start from the beginning

Categorized  is where you'd select the category you want to search. Leaving that blank will search all categories. Again you can only search one at a time or all of them. You can't just refine it to 2 categories you want to search. If you can, I couldn't figure it out while I was playing with this. I tried a couple different ways and nothing would pull up more than one category except for leaving it blank.

Tagged is how you would search for the tags tied to a post. So if you're looking for anything tagged writing, this is one way to do it. This one you can search multiple tags at one time. Clicking on the "All of the above" check box will set it so that whatever you search must include all of the tags you typed.

Only return topics/posts has a series of check boxes you can use to refine the search further and hopefully give you more accurate results for what you're looking for.

Where topics Allows you to refine it to closed or archived posts or to posts with no replies.

Posted allows you to search for posts posted before or after a specific date. So if you know the post you're trying to find was posted a year ago, you can have a better chance of finding it by refining the date to a year ago.

And finally Minimum Post count will let you search for threads that have only a certain number of posts in them.

So here's a copy of what the search bar looks like after I filled out most of the refine boxes. I ran out of space for it to show up in the screen capture so I didn't do all of them. It's just to give you an idea of how they generate in the search bar so you could manually type it if you want to.

 It's just to give you an idea of how they generate in the search bar so you could manually type it if you want to

That's basically all there is to it for the search functions. They're fairly standard so if you've ever used a search bar before I think you'll have no problem figuring this one out. Let's go ahead and move to the 3 lines on the header. Clicking on that will give you a drop down of various navigating features.

 Clicking on that will give you a drop down of various navigating features

This is just yet another way for you to move around the new clubs.

Latest will take you to all the most recent posts.

Unread is all the posts that you haven't read. If you're tracking any threads you'll see a number in parenthesis that are the amount of unread posts in tracked threads.