“Levi?”

His eyes are closed as he snuggles closer to her reveling in her warmth. He grunts so she knows he heard her but is admittedly only half listening. He doesn’t know if she’ll ever do this again and he wants to bask in it as long as he can. He fears in the back of his mind that someday she’ll leave him so with her he’s decided to take in every moment he can.

“You make me…happy.”

His eyes shoot open when he hears the question in her tone. “Is that bad?”

She shakes her head but he sees her frown, “No, it’s just…different.”

“Different?”

“Yes.”

“Are you normally not happy?” Levi asks almost like a joke.

She looks at him seriously though, “Not really.”

He holds her tightly, “Then I’ll make it my job to make you happy.”

“How?”

He shrugs, “I’ll figure it out.”

“How can I make you happy?” she asks quietly.

“By just being here. Just keep being you.”

She kisses his chest through his t-shirt, “What if the real me isn’t someone who can make you happy?”

“The real you? Are you not yourself around me?” he asks, worried.

“I try to be but I don’t want to overwhelm you.”

“We’ll figure it out but right now you need some sleep.”

“Okay.”

“Night, Rose.”

“Night, Levi.”

+

Rosemary wakes up first. Her body is melded to his like a missing puzzle piece as she cracks her eyes open to study him. His choppy black hair is a little greasy over his left eye while his mouth is parted as his morning breath escapes. She can see a few beauty marks on his pale skin since his face is facing hers.

She’s not sure what to do with herself right now.

Never one for nerves or insecurity she chastises herself for her weakness. It’s not something she’s accustomed to, feeling and with Levi she’s finding it harder and harder to ignore. She cares about him. Yes, she still wants to lick his blood, bite his skin, scratch his flesh and tear him apart but only so she can put him back together the way she wants him.

She wants him to stay with her…forever.

She wasn’t lying when she said he made her happy.

He also made her feel normal which was a double-edged sword for her. Part of her enjoyed the refreshing sensation but it also made her restless. It made the destructive force inside of her want to rip the scene apart. She wasn’t meant for normal happy endings. She was meant for blood, screams and pain. That was what she was born to deliver upon the world but then how had she found Levi. She looked at him for a long time, considering. Maybe he was a test.

He shifted a bit and pulled her tightly against him.

It was a test she would most likely fail.

“Levi?”

“Hmm?” he mumbles frowning though his eyes stay closed.

“We need to get up.”

He groans and shifts so he’s pinning her to the bed, “No.”