SIX+

© Amber Kalkes 2014

Song---------------}

SIX+

Rosemary watches Levi as he tries to avoid her. He sees her, she knows he does but every time he catches her eyes he walks in the opposite direction. It’s really beginning to piss her off. Calmly stalking after him she keeps her face impassive while following him into the boy’s bathroom. She can see his beaten up sneakers under on of the pea green stalls and his voice whispering to himself.

“It’ll be okay. You’ll get over her. She’s crazy. She has to be crazy.”

Rosemary smiles to herself knowing he’s trying to convince himself. No matter how right he is she can tell he’s becoming as interested in her as she is in him. It was inevitable anyway since he belonged to her. Checking the rest of the stalls and clearing them she knocks three times on the outside of the stall door.

“Someone’s in here!” he calls before mumbling more to himself.

“Levi, open the door.” She commands.

She’s not surprised when he swings the door open. He’s obviously upset and his eyes are glossy as his black hair sticks up in various directions from him tugging on it. He’s dressed in a slate gray pull over hoodie with the same dark jeans as the day before. He looks so handsome in his distraught state Rosemary feels a tingle of pleasure knowing it’s her he’s distressed over.

“What do you want?” he asks wiping his cheeks with his sleeve.

“I want to talk to you.”

He looks at her for a second before shaking his head, “There’s nothing to talk about.”

“You didn’t break up with me, Levi, so we still have things to discuss.”

“Like what?” he snaps making her fight the urge to hurt him.

No, stay calm and collected, he needs to forgive you, she reminds herself.

“About yesterday.” She begins innocently, “I didn’t mean to scare you. I just…”

She dips her head and forces tears to her eyes. She has never cried without control she finds crying useless and with the exception of Levi’s tears, disgusting. It’s weakness in the purest form to Rosemary. Tears do nothing but dampen things and make you more seem even more pathetic than you are. But she needs Levi to forgive her because she wants to keep him, at least for a little while.

“You what?” he asks softly, looking at with curious blue eyes.

She quivers her lower lip as she sobs out, “I j-just wanted to protect you. I like you a lot Levi and I just can’t stand to see you hurt. Can’t you see that? I’m so sorry if you thought it was a bit much or crazy on my part. I just care about you so much.”

“You care about me?” he asks looking shocked.

She nods putting on her most pathetic look, “I do.”

He wraps his arms around her bringing her into the warmth of his chest while Rosemary feels a triumphant smile cross her lips when she knows he can’t see it. She’s sure he’ll let her stick around now. She was only twisting the truth with her little speech, she doesn’t want to see him hurt…by anyone else but her. She does want to scare him but only when he’s ready. She does what to protect him but mostly so others don’t get their hands on what belongs to her.

So she supposes, in a way, she does care.

Though for purely selfish reasons she can admit.

 Angling her face a bit she kisses his cheek. She kisses along his jaw and then nips at the lobe of his ear. It makes his breathing speed and Rosemary smirks against the skin of his neck before nipping the flesh there as well. She needs to make sure he remembers what she can make him feel. She needs to solidify his forgiveness.