x. hard times & mistakes

Start from the beginning

"please i...i'm...sorry...i d-didn't mean.....t-to cause all...of this."

"p-p—please... don't...fight,"israel rambled.

jae sighed closing her eyes for a moment. "israel stop princess. it's okay,"jae spoke pulling israel in even closer.

"everything's going to be okay sweetheart,"jae continued.

"but,but you two are going to fight. i don't want that,"israel whined.

"we'll talk about all that later baby. right now i just need you to calm down and come and cuddle me,"jae smiled trying to turn their dark mood around.

israel sniffled smiling weakly; she sat up slowly jae helping her as she did so and moving onto the center of the bed throwing her blanket over her and jae.

although jae's shirt was still soaked from israel's tears she kept in on moving farther into the bed with israel, so she could put her at ease as soon as possible.

jae held israel into her chest as tightly wanting, so badly to comfort her and bring her to peace. "i'm sorry jae,"israel mumbled into jae's lap.

jae sighed softly "stop apologizing babe, you've done nothing wrong."

this time it was israel who sighed turning around to face jae with her head still in her lap.

"i feel like i have,"israel sniffled for the hundredth time.

"you haven't princess, so chill babygirl,"jae smiled.

"MICHELLE WHERE THE FUCK ARE YOU,"jae exclaimed as she entered her home.

she slammed the door behind her hearing little movement coming from her apartment.

"auntiiiiee,"lisa giggled racing down the hallway towards her auntie.

"hey baby, where's your mommy,"she smiled as the young girl wrapped her arms around jae's legs.

"in our room,"she laughed.

michelle came out of the hallway with absolutely no expression she looked almost cold and calculated like she'd planned out how this interaction would play out and knew it would be in her favor.

"hey sis what's up,"she questioned innocently as she stopped inches away from her sister.

jae's once soft and gentle eyes turned hardened and soulless. she stared at michelle as though she was watching the devil herself.

her breathing became foreign and heavy to her; her small chest rising and falling at an alarming rate as rage and disappointment raced through her body and stimulated her blood flow.

jae kept herself composed for israel's sake knowing her girlfriend would be upset if the two sisters got out of hand with each other.

"lisa go back into the two of you's bedroom,"jae mumbled darkly, tapping lisa's back without breaking eye contact from michelle.

lisa said nothing as she began to feel the tension in the room; quickly she rushed back into her and her mother's bedroom.

as soon as jae heard their door close she went off.

"what the fucking shit is wrong with you, uh why in the hell are you fucking with israel,"jae growled.

michelle stated at her with a smirk silent. jae chuckled stepping up to her sister "so you can't fucking speak now? why in the fuck are you messing with my girlfriend,"jae interrogated getting tougher with the way she spoke this time.

michelle rolled her eyes and yawned as if jae was making her tired.

"so you wanna do that shit uh. okay, okay until you can talk to me like an adult with sense, get out,"jae snapped pointing at the front door.

michelle stared at her shocked at her sister's hard words over some girls she'd jus met almost a year ago.

"your really going to believe her over me, your own sister,"michelle whined.

"not once since we've been together has israel lied to me. you've lied your entire life to everyone. i let you into my home to help you in your time of need and you go and try to steal my girlfriend not to mention breaking into her home and almost raping her. you better be happy i'm not calling the police right now,"jae explained.

"the police? over that bitch ar—,"before michelle could finish her sentence jae's hand was across her face.
jae's smacking echoed across the entire home making the silence even more intense.

whether intentional or not jae hit her sister hard; hard enough to leave behind a ringing in her ear and a stinging pain on her face.

michelle stood there shocked as she stared at the warm peach colored tile on the floor.

jae's heavy breathing echoed throughout the house as the pair stood the in silence.

"don't you ever call her that again,"jae commanded.

she was, so hurt by her sister and didn't understand what happened to michelle to make her behave the way she was.

michelle's eyes swelled up with tears from not only the physical, but emotional pain her sister had caused her.

for a while they stayed silent since michelle had nothing to say in that moment.

instead; she grabbed her keys off the counter next to jae; put on her slides that laid next to the door and left.

jae fell to the ground and cried once her sister left. not once since they had been siblings had they ever fought like that before. jae felt like a monster, but in the same sense she believed she did the right thing.

"what the fuck is going on?"