Sweets Will Always Warm the Soul (Classic Gaster)

Wingdings and his fam belong to @bun-bunmuse, i couldn't find their names so i just made some up!

A small one story house sits in the corner of a small local community, the front yard well kept with a large oak tree stands proud just behind the white picket fence. Inside the scent of cigar smoke fill the house, along with the sound of the  black and white tv playing in the background.

The cause of the smoke sits reclining in a recline chair, smoking a tobacco pipe watching the tv.  His long black coat carelessly thrown on the green torn up  couch, after a long day at the lab all he wanted was some peace and quite. He relaxes in the chair as his brilliant orange eye lights daze over, his eyes close and the tv becomes no more than background noise.

As he slowly slips into the soft land of slumber he feels a small body jump onto his, successfully stirring him awake. His eye sockets fling open as he looks down to his son, his white eye lights filled with joy as he hugs his father.

"Hi daddy! How was work?! Did you find a new species?!" His son, Gaster, asked joyfully. He always asked his father if something happened when he was at work, nothing ever really did and if it did, he was always kept late to fill in paperwork and when he returned home he was tired and normally forgot to tell his child of the wonders he experiences.

His wife softly chuckles and she walks over and gently kisses her husband. His hand wondering down to her stomach to gently lay there on top of her 6 month pregnant stomach.

"Gaster dearie, i suggest you leave your father to relax. I guessing he had a long day at work." His mother said as he looks down sadly.

"Okay. Can i help you put groceries away?" He asked hopefully as his mother nodded. He jumps off his father and runs to the kitchen and started to unpack the groceries. His wife sighs and takes the pipe out of her husbands jaw.

"Serif dearie." Her voice drops a little, showing her annoyance. "I have asked you how many times to not smoke in the house?!"  She flicked the top of his skull playfully as something crashes in the kitchen. They both look into each other's sockets as she sighs and lays the pipe on the couch and making her way to the kitchen.

As she walks in she sighs as she sees the cause of the crash, her son is frantically trying to clean up the dropped eggs he dropped. She sighs and grabs a rag telling Gaster to put the other things away as she cleans up the eggs.

Gaster finishes and walks into the living room sitting on the couch and moving his fathers coat to lay under it.  Smiling as he watches the show his father was watching. He looks up at his father and sighs, waiting for his mother to come back.

Serif looks down at his son and knew exactly why he seemed to be anxious. He decided that he aswell, missed his wife's love.

"Cursiva, would you mid coming into the living room?" He asked as his wife hums softly in reply, she walks into the living room as Gaster leaps into his mother for a hug, she giggles and sighs sitting down on the couch with gaster laying on her lap. She grabs her husbands coat and lays it on top of them.

They all stay like that for hours, Gaster fells asleep on his mother as well as Serif. Cursiva sighs and turns off the tv, cuddling her son as she smells her husbands coat closing her eyes.

Around midnight Gaster woke up after a horrid nightmare, he moves out of his mothers warm caring arms and walks to the kitchen and looks for something sweet to calm his nerves. He looked around in the cupboard and saw his favourite sweet on the top shelf.

"Gaster dearie, what are you doing?" His mother sweet voice scared him, he spins around closing the cupboard door.

"Nothing mom!" He yelps, trying to hid his hunger.

"You had a nightmare and you want some comfort don't you?" She somehow guessed as Gaster looked up at his mother shocked. He sighs and nods embarrassed as she smiles and gestures for him to move, after he does she opens the cupboard.

"What did you want Gasty?" She asked trying to predict what her child wanted.

"The marshmallows?" He said as his mother giggled and grabs the marshmallows and complements her sons choice, she sits at the table and hands him a marshmallow grabbing one for herself. They both eat their marshmallows as she can see her sons sad look turn to one of pure joy.

She finishes and puts the marshmallows away as the child she was carrying gently kicks her as she smiles. Her hand lays gently on the bump as she feels the little soulling respond happily.

"Hehe sweets will always warm the soul." Was the last thing Gaster heard before he past out.

His mothers words still linger with him to this day, whenever e started feeling all hope was lost in finding an escape from the void he would find the sweets swap hid from stars and he would grab his favourites and hid under his blankets eating them and remembering life before the war.