Chap. 1

After what felt like many minutes of consecutive screaming, Peach managed to pull herself together and stop screaming. She looked around frantically, but didn't see anyone. She took a few deep breaths while trying to calm herself down by thinking to herself.

It's okay. It's just a coincidence. Maybe I just ordered a dress that I don't remember ordering. Or maybe it's at the wrong address. Yeah! That's it.

But that happy little thought only lasted about five seconds when she read the box again and saw her name and her address on the box, yet there was no return address.

This must surely be a dream. I'm not done dreaming, am I? Surely not...

She started to feel lightheaded, much to her dismay. She looked at the her room's exit, and it was locked. She then ran/staggered to her bathroom, but it was not easy to run; her head was blurring in and out so much and heavily that it was a miracle that she could even remember where she was going.

She managed to get to her bathroom, and she balanced herself on a wall. She turned on her sink and splashed her face with freezing cold water. It wasn't much, but it at least bought her about thirty seconds to figure out what the heck was going on with herself.

I'm...I'm fine, really. Sir, where's my change?

Her thoughts were becoming jumbled, so she just stopped trying to think. She splashed herself again, but it didn't do any more good. She had to get out of there.

She staggered back to her room, using the wall to keep her balance. She finally made it to her room and fell on her bed.

Rest, she thought to herself with effort. All I need is a well-needed rest...

The last thing she saw before she fainted, however, was Mario sitting on her dresser while smiling at her with an odd smile. He didn't seem to have a knife, but his presence was still just as terrifying.

"You pipe-welding, strange-minded...freak..." Peach managed to say.

He just kept smiling at her while she fought to remain awake.

She passed out, not really caring what happened to her as long as she didn't have a knife or whatever jammed right into her skull; that was just one thing she wasn't going to have happen to her while she was knocked out (even though she wouldn't be able to keep it from happening).