Prologue

Summary: After the Dark Lord takes Harry in, he grows up as his son alongside his blood adopted, twin brother. They are tutored under the Dark Lord and grow up with inner circle Death Eater children. When the triwizard Tournament comes up and the Dark sees it as an advantage to them. Harry is sent to Hogwarts and they take over.

Sorry for the vague summary, I didn't want to spoil anything. Enjoy!

Godric's Hollow

October 31st, 1981

Lily rocked her son soothingly in his crib, for being only a year old the raven-haired boy was one huge bundle of energy and it always took forever to get him to settle down at night. He was just like his father, James Potter, in that way. Lily smiled affectionately, sighing with relief as Harry's eyes began to droop and he finally drifted off. Harry was always so peaceful when he slept, he was her little angel. His crib rocked softly, soothing the little boy into a deep tranquil sleep. The calming nursery mobile turned slowly above Harry's crib and the dancing sugar plum fairies sparkled in the pale moonlight.

Even at the late hour, James was still out with Sirius and Remus doing heaven only knows what while Peter was off at the Ministry of Magic working overtime at his new job. He has just received a job offer from them out of the blue, probably from Sirius and James's thorough recommendations. Peter was excited about it, but he always seemed on the nervous and jittery side whenever he was asked questions about it so nobody really knew exactly what he was up too.

Ever since Dumbledore had taken them to their safe house James had been bored out of his mind. Considering that he couldn't go to his job and his friends weren't allowed to visit, it was no wonder. He was always pacing around and looking for something to do until had Lily finally had enough. She'd talked to Dumbledore and he had allowed James to go out with his closest friends for the night, just so he would stop complaining and get it out of his system, but he was only to go if they stayed strictly at muggle areas. The last thing they needed was for the Death Eaters to get wind of the fact that he was out of hiding, even if it was just for the night. Dumbledore assured them that the wards around Godric's Hollow were locked up tight and the fact that nobody even knew where they were put Lily's mind to ease. She wouldn't let it show, but she was terrified. She didn't want to lose her baby or her husband, she wouldn't let it happen.

Lily slowly stood from her chair next to Harry's crib and leaned down to press a soft kiss to her son's forehead, smiling as she brushed his hair away from his face in a loving gesture, before leaving the nursery to head back towards the bedroom she and James shared. Even with it being dark and quiet the house seemed to radiate warmth and love, a perfect place to go to feel welcome. The night was so peaceful and calm, everything seemed normal. Nothing out of place, or so they had thought.

After half an hour of reading and waiting for James to arrive back home Lily had finally succumbed to sleep, unfortunately, for the light side at least, the perfect time for the one they had all tried so hard to escape to make his move.

The Dark Lord apparated to the outskirts of Godric's Hollow, one thing firmly in place in his mind, to kidnap the one-year-old child that slept peacefully in the house before him. His own son was home, awaiting his new twin brother. The prophecy clearly stated that the Potter child would be the only one able to stop him, but why kill him if he has so much power?

The more cunning decision would be to kidnap him and treat him as his own, making the boy think he was the Dark Lord's son so he would never dream of killing his own father. And Voldemort was nothing if not cunning, that's what made him a Slytherin at heart. With the added support of Lycoris, Harry's soon-to-be new brother, the green-eyed boy would never falter from the dark side.