11. Plans

Fawn's POV

I tried to sleep next to Reagan on the bed but the waves of discomfort and heat kept waking me up.

"Ugh." I groaned silently and pulled the sheets off of me and sat up in the bed carefully so I wouldn't wake Reagan up. I looked around but it was pitch black and I couldn't see anything. I could just hear heavy breathing of Reagan and her two brothers. Robb made sure we had tent just for ourselves and wanted me to have my own bed but I didn't mind sharing with Reagan. She was small and cuddly so she didn't need much space. She held my hand most of the night then turned to the other side.

I caught myself caring too much for these kids.

I tried to focus my eyes on something in the dark and then I heard a whisper through the tent.
"You can't sleep either?" I heard Jaspers voice from his bed. It was low and tired.

"No. It is too hot in here." I said and he agreed with me. "Let's go outside." I said and stood up from the bed. I had to make tiny steps towards the tent's door because I couldn't see anything.
I was waving my hands around the air so I wouldn't hit anything. I felt like I was blind. I heard Jasper hit his leg on the table and mutter a curse word low not to wake Kieran and Reagan.

When I reached the end of the tent I became too happy too soon as I pulled apart the fabric and knocked down an oil lamp hanging by the door, luckily it wasn't lit.
"Shit." I kneeled down to pick it up and try to dry the area. I did the best I could and Jasper followed me outside.
I breathed in a frest scent of forest and immediately relaxed and felt as if I could fall asleep outside.

I then noticed Robb's direwolf sleeping outside of our tent. Greywind was sprawled on his back with all four in the air and breathing deeply. I wanted to kneel beside him and pet him but let him be.
Jasper and I walked over to a bench that was just on the edge of the forest. There were soldiers still drinking by now almost died out fire and I saw Robb talking to his mother by his tent.
His eyes looked tired as though Caitlyn just woke him up to tell him something. I glanced back to Jasper who had his eyes closed and was taking deep breaths.

"I could fall asleep here." I remarked and he nodded opening his eyes.

"It is so peaceful, like we are not in a war at all." He said. It was sad what he and his siblings had to go through and are now stuck with Robb's army, stuck in the war. They are just kids, innocent kids that shouldn't be here but somehow are.

"I wish we weren't. Too many people are suffering and the winter is coming." I shook my head and scrunched my nose. I always hated wars.

"I hope not soon." He breathed out and I nodded. Jasper has to get the three of them out of here and somewhere safe before the first snow falls upon all of the Westeros. I know I can help them, but just not here.

"Fawn!" I heard someone call out my name and I turned around to see Robb waving me from where he was standing with his mother few minutes ago. Only now he was alone.
"I'll be back, don't walk away too far." I said to Jasper and he smiled but nodded. I ran my hand over his arm lightly to show him I care about him and then stood up.

As I walker over to Robb I felt lingering eyes on me and I looked down on my night gown. I didn't knos Robb would want to talk to me so I didn't change into something more suitable to talk to the King.
Darkness was still thick in the air and the cold breeze was caressing my naked arms. I shivered.

The walk to Robb seemed to strech out forever but I finally got there. He greeted me with a warm, welcoming smile nd tired eyes and let me into his tent. I walked in first and saw his bed folded and tidy, just like everything else in the room.
"What keeps you awake Fawn?" He asked after he entered and walked over to his big table with a big map of Westeros and Esos. I liked the way my name rolled down his tongue. Like he was tasting something new and foreign.

"It was too hot in the tent, Jasper and I couldn't sleep." I said and he looked at me puzzled.

"Jasper?" He asked. I chuckled because he met them few days ago but now he doesn't remember.

"Yes the three siblings." I said and he nodded remembering.

"Yes, yes I have met them already." He chuckled and I nodded. He poured himself some wine in the tall, golden glass and looked up to me. I shook my head, I don't drink.

"I called you to tell you something." He started and I waited for him to continue. "My sister Sansa is in the King's Landing and I can't get to her with an army like mine. And with army it would take us months if not a year to get to there. In the hands of Cercei Lannister not even her own kids are safe." He said and I listened eagerly.

"So I decided to rescue her with a small group of soldiers. Stannis Baratheon is planning to attack and I will use it as a distraction for rescuing Sansa." He explained. I didn't know what to say, it was dangerous and long way to King's Landing. He would put himself in too much risk.

"I am going with you." I stood up and exclaimed. He looked at me shocked.

"I was about to say that you must stay here with my mother." Robb said and I shook my head.

"I am not staying here Robb. Caitlyn hates me." I said making him chuckle.

"She doesn't hate you." He shook his head but the expression on my face made him stop and sigh. "Okay she does maybe a little bit but Fawn you have to stay here. For your own good."

"We are not married yet Robb and I am not listening to you." I complained and he raised an eyebrow at me.

"You won't obey your King's demands?" He said in a stern voice.

"My one true King is Joffrey Baratheon. A bastard made from incest." I joke.

"You are a handfull." Robb chuckled and I nodded.

"So when are we going." I asked and Robb sighed defeated.

"First thing in the morning. Make sure to take just the things you need and bring some food." He explained and I nodded making a list in my head.

"What should I say to the kids?" I asked him and he looked at me baffled.

"What ki- Oh no, no, no Fawn they are not coming with us." Robb said in a slightly raised voice and I nodded.

"Yes they are. I can't let them stay here alone and well maybe we find them somewhere nice to live on the way." I explained. I am not planning to leave them here without me. I felt the need in me to protect them.

"Alright, alright, alright. But if something happens and we have to fight. You and the kids run. Don't look back, just run. Okay?" He asked and I nodded knowing I would break that little promise. Of course I would stay and fight.
"Now go on to sleep in few hours we are already on the road." He said and I nodded and was just about to leave but turned around back to him.

"Thank you Robb." I said looking in his eyes. They glistened when he smiled. He looked perfect.