Swayed Braids

Song above: Eastside by Benny Blanco, Halsey, and Khalid.

Khalid really makes some good ass music.

Description: The one where Declan needs to start learning some pretty girly stuff now that he has a sister and he wants to be the best big brother out there. But he needs a person to practice on. Who's a better candidate than Naomi Lorraine? I personally don't think there is one.

P.S. Completely in Decca's POV. Our boy is a smitten kitten. :')

~~~

With the current, although very cute, new addition to my family, I need to learn a few things. Gotta be prepared, ya feel?

Hell, I barely know how to change a diaper properly even with all the YouTube videos I've watched on it. Like how am I supposed to clean and handle the smell at the same time? It's near impossible! Damn, life's tough. At least there are some things that should be easy to teach her. For example, how to kick a soccer ball, how to throw a mean right hook, how to play the piano, and she'll even learn how to love strawberry ice cream!

Damn... I'm already such a good big brother.

Anyway, some things I have to learn include: how to make good snacks, how to shop for little people (children not midgets...I swear), how to perfect the art that is changing a diaper, and how to braid. I especially need to learn that last one cause I sure as hell know my dad doesn't know how to do it and I don't want to put more stress on my mom. It probably was hard enough to raise my stubborn self.

Thank God for YouTube. I look up so many 'how to' videos on there, it's crazy. Learned how to make some dope recipes, not gonna lie. I consider myself to be on Bennett's level if I do say so myself...

Funny joke, Declan. Real funny.

I know that I have some time before the little one grows enough hair and wants it to be braided, but I should learn ahead of time. It's nice to know things beforehand. Right? I should get started soon.

After I eat.

~~~

So I ate.

And it was great. I had some bomb ass pasta dish which I also learned how to make from the curtesy of drumroll please....... 

Youtube!

So now that my stomach was full, I make my way upstairs to my room, stopping by Delilah's nursery to check on her, so that I can watch some braiding videos. I walk over to my computer desk and sit down it my beautiful gaming chair. I pull out a notepad and pencil so that I can take notes. Let's be real, I wouldn't remember shit if I just straight up watched the videos without taking notes. My memory is actual trash sometimes. Ask Jordan.

I open up my laptop and go to Youtube, my best friend. I then type "how to briad" into the search bar. I read that it said "Showing results for how to briad. Search instead for how to braid." Screw my ability to type and spell. I'm somewhat smart, I swear!

After realizing my mistake I clicked the third video on how to french braid cause quite frankly, it looks like the easiest. Plus, it said it was for beginners. This girl said to start by brushing the hair so that there're no tangles. Isn't that like common sense? Oh well, I still wrote it down in my notes.

Then she said to part the hair with a pen or another pointy object. Wouldn't that be painful? Let's skip. 

She then pulled a part of her hair towards the back of her head and then split that part into three more equal ones. In my notes I wrote down to: make a lot of parts. Top notch notes.