𝐱. 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞𝐬

act i

pg. x

𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐆𝐎𝐎𝐃 𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐄𝐒

' 𝐢 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐛𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐡 𝐜𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐧 𝐦𝐲 𝐬𝐨𝐮𝐥;𝐩𝐨𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐝, 𝐦𝐲 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐛𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐬 𝐬𝐥𝐨𝐰 '

𝐩𝐨𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐝,
𝐦𝐲 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐛𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐬 𝐬𝐥𝐨𝐰 '

__________

LOVE ME BACK by ginette claudette played aloud on the radio as i danced & sung around the small bathroom, shampoo bubbling in my hair as i massaged it into my scalp.
         today was the day. the girls and i were going to hear their official record for the first time, and i planned on being with them majority of the day. despite the rough night i had last night, i actually managed to wake up on the right side of the bed — feeling untouchable.

"june hurry up! i gotta pee!!" maya's voice shouts over my music. rolling my eyes, i pay her no mind as i prepare to rinse the coconut scented shampoo from my head.

"use ya aunts!" i demand , turning up the radio to the max so i could no longer hear her complaints & could be in my own world at peace. "all you gotta do sometimes is call me baby, all i gotta know is that i cross your mind." i shout off key with the record as I put my head under the streaming faucet.

               the high was unmatched; i felt good. once i was finished rinsing & conditioning my hair, i quickly search around for the blow dryer, still humming to the tune of a different song.

"dammit iris." i groaned, realizing i couldn't find what i was looking for, likely due to her taking it to dry her long acrylics.

          hastily exiting the restroom, i stomp my way down the hall and around the corner to her bedroom — where she kept everything that didn't belong to her.

"june —" she began, bumping into me as i was about to enter the room just as she was going to exit.

"i'm just here for the blow drier." i state, trying to avoid any conflict. we'd been okay the past few days; i haven't said much and neither has she. maybe cause now she has nothing to nag me over, i haven't said anything wrong.

            i continue into her room, scanning the dresser for the blow dryer, as she stood behind me.

"ok.. once you're done with that, we need to talk." her voice was calm, too calm. any other day it would've made me nervous.