𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢. 𝐛𝐞𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐝𝐛𝐲𝐞 & 𝐦𝐲 𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐨

act i

pg. viii

𝐁𝐄𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐄𝐍 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐆𝐎𝐎𝐃𝐁𝐘𝐄
& 𝐌𝐘 𝐇𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐎

' 𝐢𝐟 𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐤𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐝 𝐢𝐭 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐢𝐬𝐭 𝐛𝐞𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐜𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮 '

' 𝐢𝐟 𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐤𝐧𝐞𝐰
𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐝 𝐢𝐭 𝐢𝐬
𝐭𝐨 𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐢𝐬𝐭 𝐛𝐞𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐜𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮 '

______________

        THE NEXT MORNING, i was called and asked to volunteer by helping mylene's tío in doing the community some service by giving back to those who either had something stolen from them, were injured or in deep need from the blackout last night. since i had nothing else to do; plus i knew my girls would be there, i thought why not.

           regina & yolanda stood alongside me, as we sorted through and bagged canned food for those who needed it. we'd been quiet majority of the time spent out there, carrying light conversation here & there — but i was too deep in my own thoughts to really speak.
          it wasn't until yolanda dragged out a long, exaggerated sigh for the third time within 10 seconds that i payed either of them any mind. i still didn't look in their direction; and that's when regina started with her antics by repeatedly clearing her throat, causing me to automatically glance up at them. my two eyes met four, as the two stare back, nearly glaring at me.

"um.. may i help you?" i raise an eyebrow, oblivious as to why they were gawking at me. i knew for a fact they didn't know about what went down between ezekiel and i last night, and i also had nothing else to hide from them.

"so your just not going to tell us anything about the job interview?" yolanda folded her arms.

"or that boy your were with yesterday?" regina cuts in before i could defend myself. i let out a small laugh, now realizing that i did neglect to tell them anything — like always.

"the interview went good. long and hard.. but good." i grinned , reflecting on meeting liza. that had to be one of the best highlights of the entire summer so far, whether i got the job or not. her vibe; she was something else. "you happy now?"

"what about that boy with the fancy car?" regina smirks , slightly nudging yolanda. "he was fine." i chuckle , nodding my head in agreement. lorenzo was nothing short of attractive and i was definitely aware.

"what do you want to know?"

"for one, where did you find him? & can you  go back and get me one?" yolanda playfully asks, making me laugh even more.