𝐯𝐢. 𝐮𝐩 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐚𝐝𝐝𝐞𝐫

act i

pg.vi

𝐔𝐏 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐋𝐀𝐃𝐃𝐄𝐑

' 𝐢'𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐫𝐲 & 𝐠𝐮𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞𝐬,& 𝐛𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐝𝐚𝐲𝐬 '

& 𝐛𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐝𝐚𝐲𝐬 '

_________________

tuesday.

                JUNE SAT COMFORTABLY at the dinning room table of the kipling Residence in silence, flipping through a magazine article. she hadn't spoken to anyone since saturday, and the only reason she was over there currently is because yolanda was supposed to touch up her hair — now that that was done, june sat.. quiet.

             the day had come of her interview for the job in manhattan, and although she didn't show it, june was so nervous. she dreaded the thought of someone judging wether or not she'd have a future with them based off of a couple of questions about herself she didn't even know the answers to.
she'd never been to one before, she had no clue what they would ask.
          on the outside ,however, she kept a straight face.

              meanwhile, rara, dizzie & boo were consulting about money they needed for new equipment, due to the fire burning shaolins things. june didn't intervene.
         mylene, regina & yolanda where talking about a variety of things amongst eachother, and even though she was sitting right in front of them , june had no idea what they were saying.

           however, subconsciously she was only waiting for one person to walk through that door.

"j, what has got you so quiet over there? that ain't no regular book, so i know you ain't focused on nothing important." regina chuckles, receiving a playful glare from june.

"my girl is busy thinkin' of that job she applied for."yolanda winks, knowing she was the only one who's been informed of the interview. june grinned a little, looking up from her magazine once.

"a job!? where you bout to be workin at?" boo loudly inputs, startling her. june now places the magazine down, giving them all her attention as all eyes were on her.

"i didn't tell you? any of you?" she whispers lowly, receiving 'no's' from all over the table. june knew she kept her mouth shut, only because she didn't feel it was that important.