𝐯𝐢𝐢. 𝐮𝐩 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐚𝐝𝐝𝐞𝐫; 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐢𝐢

act i

pg. vii

𝐔𝐏 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐋𝐀𝐃𝐃𝐄𝐑

( 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐓𝐖𝐎 )

'𝐰𝐞 𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐫𝐮𝐧 𝐚𝐜𝐫𝐨𝐬𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐤𝐲,& 𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐮𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 '

& 𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐮𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 '

         JUNE REJOICED SILENTLY to herself as she stood on the elevator counting its way down from the tenth floor. she was trying her hardest not to get her hopes up, but dammit it was hard not too.
          from her point of view, if she were to actually get the job; she'd be set for the next few years she was in highschool— and hopefully after she graduated, she be able to actually move up and climb the ethical ladder of business. she would actually have something going for herself.

            once june saw lorenzo  sleeping peacefully in the waiting , she couldn't help but feel a little happier. she'd spent atleast two hours speaking with liza; drinking and laughing as liza asked a series of questions.
           he could've left her — even she would've left if she were in his shoes.

"you ready to go home?" she asked, tapping him lighlty. his eye open slowly, almost forgetting where he was, before looking at her.

"yeah, but i'm hungry." he began, sitting up and stretching his long arms. "you tryna eat?"

          june hesitated, knowing she didn't bring an extra money; but she was hungry. by the time she got home tonight she'd be starving, and she knew for a fact iris didn't cook.

"on me." he added before she could reject it.

"you sure?" she furrowed her eyebrows & folded her arms. "you've already been kind enough.."

"i'm starving and i know you gotta be too." he stood up, towering over her. "so let's go." his smile was charming, and it made her smile too. june stood for a bit , watching him, slightly fascinated.

         june was curious as to why he was being as sweet as he was. no boy she ever knew, with the exception of her closest companions, was just nice for no reason.
           whatever it was, june was definitely keeping her eyes open, no matter what.