Chapter 2

This is Olivia, I am writing "Broken" With Emma. EDIT: This has been re-written as of July 2016!

I lifted my eyelids as I stretched, yawned and peered at the digital clock sitting beside me. 9:30, The clock read. I glanced out my window and like usual, nothing exciting was happening. I turned the television on to find nothing exciting, just commercials and some lame morning talk shows. As I turned the television off, one of the nurses walked in with my breakfast, A bowl of oatmeal with raisins and fruit. I thanked her and gobbled up the delicious meal. Grabbing my sweater, I slid my swollen feet into my slippers; leaving my room to the brightness of the busy hallway.
"Room 137 needs extra nurses, we are going into emergency C section." I heard through a walkie talkie. Three gurneys zoomed by me, and I was only going next door to talk to Poppy. I peeked through her window and quietly creeped in. She was still sound asleep but looking as pretty as always. I opened up her window and picked a few flowers for her from the bush right outside. I found an empty vase across the room and filled it with the gorgeous bright red flowers. Just as I put the vase on Poppy's nightstand, She awoke.
"Good morning!" She said with a smile and a short giggle afterwards. She cocked her head to gaze at the flowers.
"Thought you could use some fresh flowers in here, smells like hospital." I chuckled. "I need to go back to my room, I'm expecting mom, but I'll text you later."

"Thanks Ally!" She chirped, placing a hand beside her hip and adjusting her position. "Also, wanna rent a movie tomorrow night?"

"Yeah definitely" I nodded. "That sounds like fun!"

I jokingly blew a kiss towards Poppy, and she pretended to grab it and throw it out the open window. We both laughed and I left her room, shutting the door behind me. Nurses scrambled and I could hear a woman crying in the waiting area. I turned the corner into my room and got back into bed. Not even a minute passed and the door to my room swung open. My mother walked in.

"Alanna, Doctor Skeemer would like to do a CAT scan in an hour. Okay?"

"Alright Mum, Thanks." Mom replied. "Oh, and your birthday tomorrow."

I couldn't snatch my phone from my handbag fast enough.

"Poppy I have CAT scan at 11. Total suck." I didn't get a reply. 5 minutes... No reply. 10 Minutes..... No reply. Finally twenty minutes later Poppy replies

"Srry Ally. That really sucks! I was just taking a really long shower."

"Oh k. G2g we'll talk later." I tossed my phone into my bag and must have drifted off to sleep for a few minutes. When I woke up, Dr. Skeemer was calling my name from across the room. I looked over to see his golden smile.

"Alanna Kyles, Time for your CAT scan." I got out of bed and followed him to the freaky body scanning room.