August 4th

August 4th 8:03 p.m.

Dear Himitsu,

        I’m sorry Himitsu, I got nothing. Today was the same as usual. Work work, and more work.

        Ok, so maybe that was a lie. When I woke up, I looked in the mirror and saw the biggest shock in my life so far, though I doubt anything could possibly top it.

        I had awakened my sharingan. I. Had. Awakened. My. Sharingan. One comma, or tomoe I think they’re formally called, in each eye. Wow! Now Himitsu, I haven’t hold you anything about the sharingan, so I think it’s about time you learned about it.

        Here it goes:

        The sharingan is a dōjutsu (a unique ability through the eyes) that appears in some members in the Uchiha clan. The sharingan has three abilities.

        The first one is the ability to see chakra.

        Charka is essential to even the most basic technique; it is the moulding of the physical energy present in every cell of the body and the spiritual energy gained from the mind. Once moulded, it can be channelled through the chakra circulatory system, which is to chakra as the regular circulatory system is to blood, to any of the 361 chakra points (called tenketsu) in the body. Through various methods, the most common of which is hand seals, the chakra can then be controlled and manipulated to create an effect that would not be possible otherwise, such as walking on water, exhaling fire or creating illusions. (1)

        Well, at least that’s what one of the textbooks say. The sharingan makes chakra into different colors. This way, someone can tell of someone else is under a genjutsu since there chakra flow isn’t normal.

        The Sharingan's second ability gives the user incredible eyesight, allowing them to recognise genjutsu and different forms of chakra easily, though not to the same extent as the Byakugan, the Hyūga clan’s kekkei genkai, which also happens to be a visual dojutsu. This also allows the user to pick up on subtle details, allowing them to read lip movements or mimic something like pencil movements.

        The Sharingan's third and most well-known ability is that it gives the user the ability to copy almost any technique that someone witnesses, except from other kekkei genkai techniques. The user can memorise ninjutsu, genjutsu, and taijutsu with near-perfect accuracy, letting the user use the techniques as their own, or even change them a little to create their own new techniques, but you need to have the strength or ability to perform the technique, or else it won’t work.

        The sharingan can also cast genjutsu, which are pretty much illusions that feel, look, smell, taste, and sound real.

        The sharingan only awakens when an uchiha is faced with a difficult situation or under emotional stress.

        I awakened it because of the stress. Everyone thought the stress had to be bad, but no. Mine was awakened because I felt extremely happy and loved my my friends and loved ones.

        Well Himitsu, there’s your daily dose of information.

        Goodnight!

                        Bye Himitsu! Kimura Uchiha

(1) - Reference from Naruto Wiki (http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Chakra)