Chapter One

Edited.

                  "Ivory, are you sure about this?" Ivory's best friend Samantha argued across the coffee table in the medium-sized cafe in the busy streets of New York City, the coffee in Samantha's hands started to become cold as she patiently w...

                  "Ivory, are you sure about this?" Ivory's best friend Samantha argued across the coffee table in the medium-sized cafe in the busy streets of New York City, the coffee in Samantha's hands started to become cold as she patiently waited for her friend to answer her question.

                  "Of course, Sam!" Ivory confidently replied back as she sipped her hot chocolate and with her legs crossed under the table she enjoyed the drink in her hands far too much than usual.

                  "But Ivy, it not every day that someone goes into you-know-who-company to infiltrate like some agent and get information on her own! This is not some mission impossible new franchise in the making!" Sam exclaimed, hoping to bring some sense to her best friend's thick head. "Sam, you're worrying too much. It'll be a walk in the park." Ivory added as she sipped more from the hot chocolate.

                     "Yeah, uh huh.. cause now out of nowhere you're Tom Cruz," Sam added sarcastically to Ivory's answer. "So? Can't I be Tom Cruz for a day or a month maybe? I bet it's not that hard after watching all his movies." Casually responded Ivory as though it was nothing new, and Samantha sighed expecting such an answer in the end. "And it's the only way to know what happened to my parents Sam."

                         "But that was five years ago Ivory! What changed now?"

                          Ivory sighed, and took hold of the paper she recently chanced upon from her worn-out black leather bag, "This changed everything." She placed the torn small paper with one name written on it, in a cursive hand-writing it read Vincent O'Sullivan.

                           "I don't understand Ivy." Samantha examined the paper for any secret writing other than the name on it. "That is my father's hand-writing Sam, and before you ask I stumbled upon it in his safe when I was going through some papers for the apartment's lease."

                             Samantha still holding the paper in hand, couldn't help but ask, "Apartment issues again?" Ivory nervously smiled, "I think it's a bit serious this time, like I'm maybe getting kicked out serious."
Samantha gaped at her friend. "And you haven't called this rich grandpa of yours, because?" Ivory groaned at Samantha's words, not liking the turn of conversation now.

                         "Sam, please. He stood the furthest in my parent's funeral, I bet he was angry that even at death they were together." Looking down at her cup of hot chocolate she held the spoon and twirled the hot velvety syrup in circles until it turned into a swirling tornado of hot chocolate in a mug. Sam got an answer to her frequently asked question again, but this answer will hold this question back for a lengthened time now, more than the last answer she got a month ago regarding the same subject. Feeling the paper in her hand again Sam looked at Ivory and changed the subject, "Oh god, and this means?" Sam faked a gasp. And Ivory grimaced at her friend's low level of acting.

                       "You know Sam, for someone who acted the Juliet part in eighth grade, you are still a disgrace to all the other Juliets." Smirking at her friend she watched how Samantha's eyes lit up and Ivory knew what was coming and she regretted initiating such an act.

                     "Give me my Romeo, and, when he shall die, Take him and cut him out in little stars, And he will make the face of heaven so fine
That all the—" Sam dramatically acted the Juliet part, but she stopped half sentence and looked at ivory, she tapped her left foot against the floor tiles expectantly. And Ivory groaned not again under her breath and complied with her friend's order.

                 "But, soft! what light through yonder window breaks? It is the east, and Juliet is the sun." Ivory joined together with Samantha but in a low voice channeling her inner manly Romeo out, but failed miserably as people in the cafe looked at her, some laughed and some annoyed by the disturbance their small act led to in the not so quiescent cafe.

                     "You know Ivy, you're one to talk. You were the worst and most girly Romeo a Juliet could never ask for." Samantha commented as she ignored everyone else in the cafe. "Not my fault they picked me for Romeo's part." Ivory smiled at the old memory of them. And thanked God for having Sam with her all along, Samantha was always her supporter through the past years. The paddle to her small boat in the vast sea she found herself lost in for so many times. Yet Samantha always helped her row her way back to the shore.

                    Putting all jokes aside, Ivory placed her hands on the table and intertwined her fingers in a business manner just like how her mother carried herself out when talking business, an idiosyncrasy of innumerable others she took after her deceased mother without being cognizant at all. "Sam, my father won't leave a piece of paper out like that. torn and misplaced. He always walked around the house with a stapler for any scattered papers and a Windex spray for wondering dust here and there in his hands." Ivory broke the silence all the while looking at Samantha with determinedness in hopes of getting her friend in understanding her. Samantha sipped her now cold coffee, thinking about it for a while, She knew Ivory wouldn't even welcome the idea of going to the police or hiring an investigator, she'd rather see to it herself than anyone else, She placed her coffee back on the table, exhaled and looked up at Ivory nodding in approval at last.

              "I'm going in."

              "Alright, what do we do now?" Sam asked.

              Ivory smiled.

________

Hey everyone! It has been an awful lot of time since I started editing but I started working and damn I have no time at all, but I decided to actually be diligent and work on both real life and the story! 

For my previous readers, this looks way too different from the previous chapter but I hope you like it!

For Romeo and Juliet a vote and a comment!