Chapter 33

They finished their meals, sharing a few things about their life to each other here and there. But Hyejin is still desperate to get her phone.

"Jungkook, can I please have my phone back?" She asked nicely, holding on to the very small patience and tolerance she has with her.

"No." Jungkook answered almost immediately. Hyejin's kind smile turned into a grit and she chuckled lightly to hide her annoyance.

The younger ignored her hint that it just irritated her more so she dropped her fake smile and groaned out, slumping on her seat.

"Jungkook, please. I need to talk someone about business. I'm not flirting with anyone." She begged and Jungkook now finally gave her a glance, placing his chopsticks down and wiping off his lips with the table napkin.

"How can I be so sure?" He asked, raising an eyebrow. Hyejin's frustrated at the lack of trust of the younger. Well, how could he trust her when she made a fool out of him and left him hanging?

"You can watch me type this email to him if that would assure you." She suggested and Jungkook gave her a doubting look but still did it anyways.

Jungkook stood up from his seat to sit down next to Hyejin, inching to her very close that already invades her personal space. But she ain't complaining.

Hyejin was a wee bit uncomfortable because how in the world can you type a formal email to your business partner when an alluring Jeon Jungkook is centimeters away, his body making contact with you?

The younger's minty breath and baby scent is mixing up in Hyejin's senses. It was like she was already being oriented how heaven smells like.

And since Hyejin's way too oblivious with Jungkook's scent, she didn't notice him snicker because her sniffing noises couldn't be suppressed and it was obvious that she likes how he smells like.

"Are you not gonna type anything?" He asked mockingly that woke Hyejin up to reality. She didn't realize she was already being obvious so she cleared her throat and pretended that she was thinking what kind of words she should put there.

"You know what? Go back to your seat and let's finish this first." Hyejin forfeited and Jungkook smiled, standing up again to go back to his seat.

Damn it, Jeon. You're making my work hard.

Hyejin sighed out and continued eating until they both feel full. They share a few stories here and there and now, Jungkook thought that maybe it's already time for them to go home and call it a day which Hyejin agreed to.

She have to go on and make that email to their partner. They're very important to their business and Hyejin couldn't believe that Jungkook made her delay an email for them even though it's urgent.

No one ever dared to disturb her from her work because they all know what will happen to them if they do so. It's either they goodbye to the company or say hello to a pile of paperworks.

And now Jungkook dare to distract her from writing a very simple mail? Unbelievable.

Well, maybe I really wanted to be distracted.

"—right?" Jungkook asked and Hyejin obviously wasn't paying attention so he decided to ask that. The way she pouts uncontrollably and her eyebrows are meeting is just way too funny and adorable for the younger.

"Uh...sorry, what?" Hyejin wasn't afraid to admit that she wasn't paying attention to any word he said so Jungkook's plan to sulk at her is kind of, ruined.